UK iPhone confirmed on O2!

Discussion in 'Submitted News' started by ray_gillespie, Sep 18, 2007.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Hmm, not such a bad deal fairly competitive with Windows Smart Phones -- but then they have 3G... !

3. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I'm guess there's no pay as you go option? Personally I don't want to be tied to a contract, however, would rather like an iPhone :D Still, I'm in no rush to replace my current hand-set, so I'm willing to sit back and see how things play out :)

4. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

I'm very happy with my N95 - at least I will be when it's been replaced with a brand new one, thanks to a high-pitched buzzing from the screen!

5. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

I'm more than happy to use my XDA orbit for music/pda/gps.....

6. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

Got a phone call from Orange telling me my contract is now up for renewal. The O2 contract is quite tempting especially with the Wifi and Data deals (I get none of that with my Orange contract) in spite of the real limits to the "unlimited" service :p

Add to that better sync support and I am instantly sold on the idea. I don't have or use 3G now, so I won't miss it and I'm not one of those people who bitches about tactile feedback. My M600 has only onscreen input methods and I've been fine with that.

Guess I'll be holding on to my Orange contract til November then :p