Ugh, Old PC + Drivers

LeeJend said:
I hate this damn border ****. I have an old cdrom I could send you but costs a mint + duties cross border.

They can't charge you on goods you have already paid sales tax/or duty on...... .......Can they?

For friends so far I've refused $$$ unless they shove it in my hand. I usually work for suds (while I fix it) and of course illicit substances.

:) Good on ya Krom for helping out a friend.

Charge everybody else their life savings.

Yeah, I dont mind helping someone out... the first time. If it's spyware/virus related, the first *fix* is free along with some advice, tips etc... The second visit will cost em simply out of stupidity on their part. They can't say to me "Well I didn't know..."

This PC I'm messin around with now... they got from their parents a year ago and it was infected then with a few bugs + spyware (which I cleaned up then, without a format which it probably needed). Since they have a 13 yr old and a younger one, it's seen better days and it is in quite a mess again plus the cdrom & floppy drive are toast (8 or 9 years old). I'm doing a fresh windows 98 install but the cdrom kicked the bucket mid install, luckily I was able to get their Win98 cd out. Once Windows is installed + various free security software, they're on their own. I won't be touchin that system again. If they choose someday to get a newer one, I'll help them then to get a newer one setup.

Last edited:
Kr0m said:
Once Windows is installed + various free security software, they're on their own. I won't be touchin that system again.

Ooooh yes you wiiiiiill... It is inevitable Mr, Anderson... You can't win. :devious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back