Two Towers!!!

Liv Tyler (Arwen) just looks like a 12 yr old to me, so I really wouldnt want to see that. She just sits/stands there and looks silly.

I think that Eowyn is better, shes got a bit more fire to her, and there is more of her character involved in the story line. If I remember rightly she does some fighting and stuff, where are Arwen rode though a forest (which she never did in the book, it was someone else).

Saw the movie Christmas day... Damn nice scenery Battle scenes are spectacular. It does drag out in the middle a small amount but the vistas draw you away from the slow up very well and you don't really mind it. I loved what the Tree Guardian Things do, very cool.

Originally posted by Geffy
Liv Tyler (Arwen) just looks like a 12 yr old to me, so I really wouldnt want to see that. She just sits/stands there and looks silly.

I think that Eowyn is better, shes got a bit more fire to her, and there is more of her character involved in the story line. If I remember rightly she does some fighting and stuff, where are Arwen rode though a forest (which she never did in the book, it was someone else).

to each their own... :)

she was never in the MAIN story in the books... rather hers and strider's relationship are explained... or mentioned rather in an appendix... thats it...

they extrapolated and created a larger role for her...

in the fellowship... it was her father ELROND who commanded the river to sweet the enemy away... and hence the nazgul's horses were destroyed and they were slowed down.. then they got those cool bird thingers to fly lol...

Originally posted by gonaads
Saw the movie Christmas day... Damn nice scenery Battle scenes are spectacular. It does drag out in the middle a small amount but the vistas draw you away from the slow up very well and you don't really mind it. I loved what the Tree Guardian Things do, very cool.

lol... I loved it when the one ent who was on fire dunked his head in the water... that was hilarious...

Yup, and it's screemin and runnin holdin it's... ummmm, it's hair or branches. lol...

Talk about throwin cold water in the Evil Wizard's face...:p

The Hobit was smart in saying to go south... Oooh man when the ent saw the Forest gone... Wooooh boy, did it get PISSED.

yes, but then those hobbits are rather small arent they

i saw two towers just before
fantastic movie
was really good, looking forward to seeing the next one at the end of next year!

That's too long to wait though, but... what the hell.

It will be worth it.

you know in two christmas's from now you will be able to have all of the special edition DVDs, and then you can sit there for 9 hours and watch the entire saga.

I wonder if they will use the trilogy of LOTR on long haul plane flights.

you know in two christmas's from now you will be able to have all of the special edition DVDs, and then you can sit there for 9 hours and watch the entire saga.

Shit I remember when here in "Frisco" at the Coronet Theater they ran the first Star Wars Trillogy back to back to back. All three (3) of them. (Duuuh)

Now that was somethin to see... Man my Butt hurt after that marathon.:D

they are talkin about releasing the lotr films in i-max format, but they will have an intermission as they think that LOTR imax version will be to much for some people for 3 hours

I heard two towers was going to be a good movie, I really wanna see it because I liked the first one also... :cool:

Deffinetly go see it... GOOD movie. Very entertaining and beutiful scenery.

lol only 9 hrs? if we should be so lucky :)

the special eds have extra footage... more like 11 hrs or so ROTF>..

should be well fun...

/me gets butt warmer ready...

there would only be one bad thing in the movie i thought, and its been pretty harsh...
but in scenes where there was lots of action, sometimes the picture became a bit hard to tell what was happening, like the camera was moving around and that, maybe its cos i was so close, or it was just me....

Originally posted by Teddy
ROTK is rumoured to be 4 hours long!!

probably but it will be shortened for the theatrical cut...

makes more business sense to have sub 3hr movies..

both the LOTR movies so far have been sub 3hr's run time.. BARELY....

peter jacksons contract was for movies that were around 2hrs each or 2hrs and a half... but he wrangled his way to the almost 3hr mark... doubt they will go above that for the last installment...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back