Two Towers!!!

I have now seen the Two Towers, and it is class.

I just hope that having seen it now I wont have to see it again with my family which would incur me having to see Harry PotHead 2, which I want just about as much as a bullet in my forehead.

Bravo !!

Just took my son to see it today...and all I can say is WOW!!

Granted the butt cheeks started going numb after 2+1/2 hrs.....but well worth it!! They better go straight to deluxe version with this DVD cause there's not much they can really add! That and who wants a 3+1/2hr movie!! Sheez !!! But it better be in a matching slipcase like the first deluxe one too!

Action was good.....effects and story was awesome! The only thing that was weird, was that even though they filmed all 3 at the same time, this still ALMOST had a sequel type feel about it. As if the actors themselves had gotten a bit away from the original feel of the characters they originally played. But, it was nice to see Gimli's character expanded a bit more, and the nice humor played between him and Legolas!

And as far as Gollum goes.....WETA gave ILM a good shot by blowing of the doors from what they've done as of late (ILM that is)! Lucas may do some great inanimate objects and humanoid characters from afar, but WETA really stretched the boundries on what can be done with facial characterization!

Nice job WETA !! :D

Re: Bravo !!

Originally posted by Phantom_24
They better go straight to deluxe version with this DVD cause there's not much they can really add! That and who wants a 3+1/2hr movie!! Sheez !!!

Um. Me, I do. I have the EE of Fellowship and have watched it about 7 times. Jackson has already said that there will be additoinal footage of the battle of Helms Deep because they had to cut some of the more gory stuff for a lower rating, so theres bound to be more

Saw it last night......stunning!!! Really enjoyed the whole film. It felt odd after all this time seeing the story continued but once i'd got over that i was loving it!!!

The adrenaline rush i was having leading up to (and during) the battle at Helms Deep was fantastic!! Epic in the truest sense of the word.

And the Ents......hehe!! The Ents were great!! Won't give too much away for those who haven't seen it yet....but WOW!

Highlight of the film had to be Gollum/Smeagol!!! Truely felt for him. What a character!!! The arguments he has with himself were brilliantly done, very funny at times!!!

Go see it now all those who haven't!!

I cant wait to see it again!!!!

yeah Gollum/Seamgol does have a pretty wild and comic schizophrenia

and thanks go to ieSpell for helping me spell schizophernia correctly

those who feel that jackson is leaving them hanging by not having more info about the ending and releasing the last chapter in the saga in a year.. BUY THE BOOKs lol.. and read it..

its not that expensive and you will expand your knowledge of old english...

just PLEASE do me a favor and do not buy the *******ised version of the books... if you can get the un-abridged books with the ORIGINAL prose you will like it that much more :)

this movie deviated a LOT from the book.. a lot more than the fellowship... did... but I understand why it was done... again arwen is introduced though she is nought but an addon in the appendices of the original books :) still... all told one of the better movies of the year...

Just came back fromt he movie..all I can say is WOW....the fight of mordor was one of the best things I have ever seen...simply brilliant.

Yes, the movie was fantastic and, imo, better than the Fellowship of the Ring. Most of the movie was great, but for people who've read the books (like me), might seem a bit disappointed. For one reason, the elves at Helm's Deep never happend in the book, but nonetheless, it was spectacular. THe battle of Helms Deep was the greatest part in the movie, for me. The action was phenomenal! I personally loved the humor of Gimili, but too far. He was really portrayed as a fierce warrior in the books.

Gollum/Smeagol was the greatest part to see. He looks just like I imagined when I read the books. He appeared so real in the movie that it blew my mind. I loved the argument of Gollum and Smeagol, but what made me mad was that people laughed at it. It suupose to be serious.

The whole fake Aragorn death did not suprise me. Wasnt in the book, and didnt really impress me at all. They should've left it out. And tell me if im wrong, but i dont quite remember the Wargs attacking the Rohan people whn they were on their way to Helms Deep.

The Ents themselves were great, but the whole Entmoot (the event where all the Ents were discussion) wasnt as i expected. It was portrayed as a more deeply concern in the book. Tho, the Ents were great to see. one of my other favortie scenes was seeing Gandalf fighting the Balrog!

Frodo and Sam was great to see aswell. But the whole thing that Faramir wanted to take the ring to Gondor never happend in the book. Yes, he was seduced by the ring, but had enough power to resist. The Nazgul on the flying beast was not great. The book depicted it as more terrifying, but wasnt much in the movie.

BTW, remember what Gollum and Smeagol were discussing at the end of the movie? How they wanted to kill Frodo and take the ring. Did you hear him say that "she" will do it for them? Man, i was dissapointed they didnt show "she". "She" was at the end of the TTT book, but i guess they show "she" in the next movie.

I've read the books. But tell me, should I go see the movie since you've told us the majority of it???

Originally posted by gonaads
I've read the books. But tell me, should I go see the movie since you've told us the majority of it???

absolutely..

words cannot do justice to the spectacle that has been put on the big screen...

Although the books seem to do a marvelous job of describing what happens in the books, though there are some discrepancies

Originally posted by Geffy
Although the books seem to do a marvelous job of describing what happens in the books, though there are some discrepancies

such as what you have written lol...

but yes when you port the book to the movie.. the directors vision and the studios marketing come into play...

still the movie was a nice experience for me... basically the book filled in the gaps :)

I was annoyed at the use of gimli exclusively as a buffoon whereas in the book he is one of the most revered warriors... perhaps pippin and merry should have been allowed to continue their bumbling ways for comic relief...

Originally posted by Sazar
absolutely..

words cannot do justice to the spectacle that has been put on the big screen...

I was being sarcastic... ;)

I ment it to say, "DON"T TELL THE STORY, SOME PEOPLE HAVEN'T SEEN IT OR READ IT YET."

GET IT. :rolleyes: :p

Well basically the story line is that they are running through the forest and Frodo drops his Firey Eye marble, so they have Legolas with his keen eye-sight go and look for it, and Gollum/Seamgol, goes mental and tries to master fly fishing. Then they all get cornered by aliens and face huggers. So then aragorn goes and cleaves a face hugger in twain and then they all go to band camp. The final film is a narrative from Gimli starting "... and this one time at band camp..."

Hope I didnt spoil it for anyone.

Hahahahaha lol!!! Now that's a movie I wanna see.:p

its called

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers seriously

As oppossed to... "The Two Towers Parodey":D :D

yup thats right, the parodie version will be done by French and Saunders later in the year, they did a good Fellowship of the Ring parodie as well.

Originally posted by Geffy
yup thats right, the parodie version will be done by French and Saunders later in the year, they did a good Fellowship of the Ring parodie as well.

I wonder if anyone manages to bugger arwen through all this... would love to see her with her kit off and getting them there ears massaged :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back