Two "Scan with Norton Antivirus" options when rightclicking shortcuts?!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ExWhap, May 13, 2002.

1. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

When i right click shortcuts on the Desktop and Start Menu's, the option "Scan with Norton Antivirus" appears two times, has anyone got a fix for this? Is anyone experiencing the same problems, i just cant stand it!!

Any help will be appreciated!!

I've tried the registry with no luck but not saying it's not there.

Look at the file i've attached for a picture of it.

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

somehwere in norton, under the options somewhere probably buried, you should find an option that says "directory context menus" or somethinglike that that's enabled. uncheck the box and look at it again. good luck.

3. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

Are you just assuming this or have you actually seen this with your own eyes? Cuz i cant see this option anywhere.

And i know the options are in both WinZip and WinRar, but i cant find it here :(

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

just assuming, sorry.

i just checked my dad's comp, but he has mcafee antivirus. it's gotta be in the registry somewhere... just no idea where. good luck.

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

ExWhap

Good luck. I have the same issue with NAV and WinZip. I have tried editing the right click menus within the registry and have no luck whatsoever. I have even gone as far as to uninstall the applications, but once reinstalled they go right back to appearing twice. I am afraid the only way to get rid of it is to reformat and start fresh. I have learned to live with it, for now.

Let me guess, it only appears in the startmenu and not Explorer?

6. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

It's on all shortcuts, desktop, start menu and explorer.

And i've also tried to reinstall, with the same luck as you had :(

And yes, i had it also with WinZip, but then i removed the winzip context menu totally.

7. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

By chance, did you install any software by Stardock (Object Desktop, WindowBlinds, etc.).

8. ExWhap

ExWhap Guest

No, never, i did before but that was before i formatted.

Still noone knows how to fix this?