Two finger scrolling with pre-2005 *Books.

Discussion in 'Macintosh' started by SPeedY_B, Feb 10, 2005.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

As some of you may know, Apple added a feature in their new PowerBook line-up which allows the user to use two-fingers on the touch pad to basically simulate a scroll wheel on a mouse.

Thankfully the actual support for this is built primarily into the hardware which apple used in most of their recent *Books, and secondly into the open source Darwin core of the Mac OS X operating system, therefore someone has decided to make a driver that allows those of us with older PowerBooks and iBooks to use this feature.

For more information and to ascertain if your *Book is able to use this feature, head over to the following link: http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~razzfazz/

Works great here, however I gather the driver/setting was replaced with the 10.3.8 upgrade (as it stopped working after applying this), so I'd recommend applying it after you've installed that :)

2. Weasel

Weasel Define 'Cynical'

Wheee! I don't need to hook up an external moose anymore!

3. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

damnit I want my iBook back, got "Cocoa Programming for Mac OS X" in the post today, just reading the first exercise I want my Mac back

I miss it :(

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Sidetrack allowed you guys to use the touchpad edge for scrolling, didn't it? I personally prefer that method rather than using two fingers.

5. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

get it and give your *Book a nice two fingered salute :p

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

What next? Three fingers to right-click? [​IMG]

7. Kush

Kush High On Life!

haha net yeah thats a funny thing, yeah speedy i saw it on thier site, and i knew there was a way to do it on the old ones too, but didnt care to search