twin fans

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dubstar, Mar 28, 2003.

1. dubstar

dubstar format c:

2. jumpy

jumpy Guest

They say it takes up a 5.25" bay, but thing looks like it would definitely take up two. If that's the case the fans probably are 60mm or 50mm fans. Who would want something that ugly on the front of their case anyway?
    You gotta love this statement, "Give your case a 30 Degree Celsius drop from a massive 80CFM airflow" :rolleyes:

And what's their definition of 'low noise'....
    I'd take a single 108cfm sunon case fan over that thing anyday :D

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

My best guess is the idiot marketing people phptgraphed it sitting on its side. The fans are on the bottom and suck air in through the front grill . It slides into a 5.25 drive bay.

The space under the bay inside will have tp be open for at least an inch to let the fans work. 80 CFM is noisy and its going to be staring oyu in the face.

But to answer your question, SInces its from tiger direct assume its bogus.

:rolleyes:

4. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Ok, I see how it works now. I'll just point out though, that the sound of 80cfm depends how good the fan is, which I wouldn't say is too good in this case.

5. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

The fact they claim to make your case 30C cooler makes the whole thing suspect. If they could cool my case from 27C to -3C there would be icicles hanging from my IDE cables. Besides moving air at 25C to a case that is 30C could at perfection make the case 25C.

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Yeah 30C down is really over the top. What would be a reasonable case temp? 30C maybe. What would it be now? 60C!! Hopefully not! :)

7. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

i'd be at 0c with that thing then:)

8. dubstar

dubstar format c:

"its more powerful than i ever imagined":rolleyes: