Tweaking System Properties Window

so isd there any way to make the background of the bmp transpoarent so no matter what background color I use, it will match?

.BMP files does not support transparency, Only .GIF, .PNG and .JPG supports transparency.

B-man might have mentioned that he has tried to work out the solution to that. For now just apply the same colour background as your dialog box.

Originally posted by Bootsy
so isd there any way to make the background of the bmp transpoarent so no matter what background color I use, it will match?

I found out that it cant be RBG, it has to be Index Colors!

use axilis icon workshop, you can make a transparent bmp its easy........

screen.JPG

Originally posted by Bootsy
Yes BMP files support Alpha Transparency which is a bit hard to get right, but still gives transparency. The easiest thing though is to make it on a matchine background

Thats what i do because i use color schemes but i see that with some visual styles it is a gradient. So there might be some troubles there....

Ok, I finished it, so I deleted my post above to add this new one.
Not much but I like it..big Jennifer Garner fan. ;)

how do ya get the little "system specs" button there?

nm, just missed that part of the instructions.

So does bitmap1 have to be 16bit? I cant get any 32 bit bitmap to work and when I try to convert it to 16bit it looks like crap. How can I get a 32bit to convert to 16bit without looking like crap? Here is the one I am tring to convert clicky

Try to make a new image as 16 bit and cut and past that image into that.

save the bitmaps in 8 bit .that gave me index to make transparent. 24 bit didnt

got everythign else fine but what has to be typed to create a mail or web link in support page or on prop window?:huh:

i remember doing this in win98,where can i find a site that would
have all sorts of .bmp images to insert in the sys properties
thnx for any links

i have enclosed a screenshot,just to make sure i am in the right area of reshacker.when i go to save,what do i save it as?

You save it as the oringinal, just make a backup one of it just incase!!

You have to save it as Run Length Encoding. If that is not available, it is opposite to the RGB encoding option that would be there. As someone else mentioned, it may be called Index Encoding as well.

Also, enjoy. Here is an old image of what my system properties looks like. The theme is different now, but the layout of the box is the same (gotta go in and change it again!)

shinji_elite_sysprop.png

Oh, and don't bother asking me how I did it. I already went through that one on another forum where they brought up the same thread a while back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back