Tweak Requests

leedogg

Gojyone kawaiiiiiiii!
Hi, I'm surprised I havent seen a thread like this before, but I have a couple of irks that I was wondering if anybody knew how to resolve.

In a browser window, is there any quick way to copy the path of a picture? Its annoying to click properties then copy the path manually.

In MSN6 is there anyway to set it to start minimized (without having it load on startup!) Is there a way to set it to away or offline when I launch another application? (game) Is there a way to prevent it from going offline when my screensaver/blankscreen kicks in?

any advice, suggestions, app solutions would be appreciated!

To have a new item "Copy Image Address" in the context menu of images in Internet Explorer:

Paste this into notepad and save as .html file.

<HTML>

<input type="edit" name="location" value="">

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" defer>

var parentwin = external.menuArguments;
document.all.location.value = parentwin.event.srcElement.src;
document.all.location.select();
document.execCommand("Copy");

</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

Create a reg file with this content and merge it.

(Let's say you saved the text above as imagepath.html to D:\test. Replace this with the actual name and location.)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\Copy Image Address]
@="D:\\test\\imagepath.html"
"contexts"=dword:00000002

Priceless!! You the man yoyo :cool: :D

Originally posted by yoyo
To have a new item "Image: Copy Path to Clipboard" in the context menu of images in Internet Explorer:

Paste this into notepad and save as .html file.

<HTML>

<input type="edit" name="location" value="">

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript" defer>

var parentwin = external.menuArguments;
document.all.location.value = parentwin.event.srcElement.src;
document.all.location.select();
document.execCommand("Copy");

</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

Create a reg file with this content and merge it.

(Let's say you saved the text above as imagepath.html to D:\test.)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MenuExt\Image: Copy Path to Clipboard]
@="D:\\test\\imagepath.html"
"contexts"=dword:00000002

So..is this going to be the place to ask for tweaks? Like ones that arnt already answered?

Sure. Why not. If you would like to request a tweak feel free to ask here! =)

Originally posted by Leedogg
In MSN6 is there anyway to set it to start minimized (without having it load on startup!)

You could create a manual shortcut... the following option is inside:

attachment.php

EP...unfortunately that doesnt seem to work. I think MS purposely made it so that you have to launch it on startup to get minimal mode otherwise it launches full...(the minimal mode gets greyed out if I deselect load on startup) :mad:

yoyo, if you don't mind, I'm putting this tweak up on the "our favorite tweaks" thread with a credit to you...this properties tweak is sweet

More like modifications. These are similar to what I've seen in Longhorn 4015. The "size bar imager" you can click on and move up or down to enlarge/shrink screen pictures. Also the "kill" switch on the desktop as an option with IE to end a program. Also the integrated "real clock" would be cool to see on the desktop as an option. Getting off subject a bit.. (why wait for
LH)

http://www.etplanet.com/windows/longhorn/

hey yoyo, could u post that tweak to get rid of Address in the IE address bar maybe? would appreciate it much.

here is a cut and paste of yoyo's instructions...

I CONSIDER THIS A HACK MORE THEN A TWEAK

this is a tough one to do, so if your not comfortable, let this one go

back up before, and be ready to reinstall ie if you mess

also, if you are having problems following, or finding what you need to find, just ask

here's the hack;

On request:

Remove the word "address" from the toolbar in Internet Explorer

You need ResourceHacker to do it.

Make a copy of browselc.dll located in Windows\system32 and open it in ResHack.
Expand the String Table folder, then subfolder 807, click on 1033 (when you are using ResourceHacker you will see what I'm talking about)
In the right window now delete the word A&ddress, leave the "".
Hit 'Compile Script'
Click File > Save

Next step is to replace the original file with your modified one.
Find browselc.dll in either C:\Windows\system32\dllcache or C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386, rename it to browselc.bak and copy your hacked file in there instead.
Now boot into safe mode and do exactly the same with the browselc.dll in C:\Windows\system32.
Windows System File Protection will pop up two windows, answer them with cancel and OK.
Reboot.

If you want to make the replacement of this or any other system file really easy use Replacer. It is free and only 8 kb in size. All you have to do is drag the original file into the window, hit Enter, drag the modified file, hit Enter again, confirm that you want to replace the file and reboot.
It automatically replaces the files in system32 and dllcache, creates a backup copy and clicks away File Protection windows.

hey thanks dealer. i think i used reshacker, but either way i will get it done now. thanks again

I'm still trying to figure out this msn6 thing. Since theres an option in MSN to launch minimized there has GOT to be a registry key for it somewhere. Does anybody know of a registry monitor that can monitor the registry real time for changes made?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back