TV Out

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Paul_Don, Mar 5, 2003.

1. Paul_Don

Paul_Don Guest

Ok i have finally got TV out to work on my mx 440 now im faced with another problem, the tv which i display on is a 28" widescreen.

alll tv out works fine videos game and what not but white colors are burnin my tv asthough a magnet has been placed on it eventually it goes away but it cant really be healthy for the tv set can it, anyone know of a way to stop this happening?

2. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

just try not to let the same screen display on the tv for more than a certain amount of time. even if you play a game, for example, certain parts of the screen never change (status bars, icons, etc) and those will burn in, even though the main part of the screen is always moving.

how long does it take before it starts burning in? you could also try lowering the gamma, contrast, or brightness on your card so it doesn't stress the tv as much.

3. Paul_Don

Paul_Don Guest

it would burn it after i say 30 seconds so u try bringin down gamma computer end then up it telly end would ya say

4. Paul_Don

Paul_Don Guest

ok turned gamma completely down thing lookin ok no burnin after 5 mins or so but now for some reason video wont show jsut blank screen i have the settin as dual view it shows on my monitor but not on the telly

5. Paul_Don

Paul_Don Guest

ok got that sorted just make the tv primary device
    anyone know how to get it on both at the same time cause once telly is primary it only shows on that lol

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

nah, overlays (videos) will only show on the primary display device.

7. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

Try this previous post Here it may help.

8. Paul_Don

Paul_Don Guest

yeah thats lovely mate cheers