tv out

D

DeepBlade

ok, another question about my gf3 ti500 again.... hahaeha

it has tv out, svideo, but not DVI
I can't get tv out to work.....!!
why? it's from MSI
i'm using the latest detanator drivers 30.82 i think it is?

at first, i didn't care much, just wanted it to work properly for my comp first, and now i think that's done, now i'd like to (if i can and have the time) watch anime or movies on big screen. but can't get it, the device selection just has TV shaded grey, so i can't choose it..... any ideas??

also.... has anyone tried DVI out to a tv? i think i saw on futureshop flyer the other day that, this HDTV has a DVI in on it... that'd be so cool, high resolution, it'll just be like a monitor, but really big.

hope ur not tryin to run dual monitor with that card..such as clone mode......with the ge3ti500 you'll lose computer monitor to display on tv..........u have to manually switch it

i know i hafta do that
i go

right click desktop
properties
settings
advanced
device selection
the TV is greyed out

when i press detect displays, it stays the same
do i hafta connect it to the tv first?

damn!
ok...
i guess i'll go try now then
(disconnects everything)
gota bring comp to living room

Try using TV Tool 6.5.2. Excellent util. I s-video out from my gf3 ti 200 without a hitch.

Once loaded, I just hit "TV mode" and my 19" screen powers down and over to the 40 odd" Television.

GTA 3 never looked so good :)

if you still have trouble selecting tv-out once it's hooked up, know that refresh rate fixes will keep you from outputting to tv. you'll have to make the refresh rate 60hz for whatever resolutions you're going to output.

ManMountain where do you get TV Tool, I have TV-Out on my Gainward GF2 but I cant get it to work.

thanks, now I need to get a TV close to my PC, thats the other problem if anyone wants to help me with that a nice 15" TV would be great. I am in UK.

cool!

yep, i got the tv that comes with the det drivers to work, but i could only get 800x600, and there were black borders around the screen, couldn't get it to full screen, i had to use ePSXe to switch the res to 640x480, and it was a little closer to full screen.

and yep, during the time xp-erience.org was down, i went to geforce zone i think? and asked about the problem, they told me to use tv tool, it works great

but i still have one big unsolved question!!!!!!!
does anyone have a HDTV that has a DVI in on it? i saw it in a futureshop flyer a week ago or so..... has anyone tried hooking their comp to the TV using DVI????

I used to use my chaintech g-froce 2 ultra with conex----something tv-out chip(cant remeber name)and it was good quality and when i found out about TV-TOOL i was getting near edge to edge top notch pictures.
Now i have a chaintech g-force 4 ti 4600 with shitty ohilips tv-out chip and it sounds good in sped with dvi and hd-tv but the tv out is unwatchable with or without TV-TOOL and the write up on the three main tv-chips on the site claim the one i had on g-force 2 was best available and phillips is not recommended and i can see by the forum on the TV-TOOL homepage a lot of people got same prob,my days of watching dvd and divx from p.c to tv are over.

i'm watching dvd rips and divx anime on TV just fine, u can't really tell the difference between the dvd rips and the dvd's, and i certainly doubt anyone would find a difference in dvd from a dvd player and a dvd from a computer..

wat i'm still missing now? another computer that dedicated to my TV, so i don't hafta bring my comp up and downstairs everytime, disconnecting cable internet to the rest of the network as well...... and a wireless keyboard, and a wireless mouse, and eermm ummmm.... a wireless NIC, a wireless network!

just get a long svideo cable

runnin a 50 ft s video cable from my pc to tv

but u probably need more than that if u goin downstairs

Originally posted by DeepBlade
does anyone have a HDTV that has a DVI in on it? i saw it in a futureshop flyer a week ago or so..... has anyone tried hooking their comp to the TV using DVI????
i've never heard of dvi and hdtv being related at all... since dvi is digital and hdtv is analog. but if a hdtv includes a dvi connection, it'd have a digital-to-analog converter built-in... so the quality would have to be damn good (for any tv). you could probably use the tv as a full-time monitor, if you dont want real high resolutions. but if it's a projection tv, you might have to worry about burn-in (areas where the color doesn't change for long periods and burns into the lamps). i think that's still an issue.

The hdtv set up you on about does convert digital to analoge,
the chaintech g-force ti 4600 had a dvi on rear as well as normal monitor d-conection and s-video in and out on same socket using a plugable lead with 2 trailind ends (1)for tv-out and (2)for video in.
It also give you a conector to turn the dvi output into normal d-connection to run to normal monitors or any mix and match of the 2 at same time using n-view function.
As i said up top i now have phillips tv-chip so it **** and i cant watch,although i tried it at ntsc and set tv to same and colours were nearly normal but wire frame all over screen.
In my proper pal mode its unwatchable even tweeking tv-tool to all the corrective settings.
Im going to give phillips or chaintech a mouthfull when their cust-support link works.

Originally posted by taurus
i've never heard of dvi and hdtv being related at all... since dvi is digital and hdtv is analog. but if a hdtv includes a dvi connection, it'd have a digital-to-analog converter built-in...
Well most (if not all) new TV:s are digital inside. So it's really analog > digital > analog (screen) in "normal" operation. Doing a DVI > digital > analog shouldn't really be a problem (depending on how the A/D functions are implemented that is...)

Originally posted by catch23

And you're loosing quite a bit of quality because of it.

doesnt matter wen watchin bootlegs..lol:)

ok, i found (on the futureshop website) a TV that has DVI in
click here
on IE, go to edit, find 'dvi' the third time it appears on the page

edit: btw, the price is listed as canadian dollars..... $2,499.99, as futureshop is a canadian company.... and futureshop.ca is a canadian site, so it works out to be around $1600 american

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back