TV out???

L

Liger ZERO

I am looking for a tv out (S-Video) card. I don't want to spend too much. Dose any one know of any good PCI cards that work well with windows XP? :confused:

PCI video card? you sure? AGP is a LOT better.. if you have an agp slot, of course.

if you're looking for a good, cheap agp card, look into getting a geforce2 Ti. you can get it online shipped to your door for less than $60... and yes, it has tv-out.

if you don't have an agp slot, you can get a geforce2 mx400 pci for about $50... but it's performance will seriously suck.

that right there is simply the best pci video card anyone can buy anywhere. how well does it perform? well, it'd definitely be quite a bit slower than any gf2 with ddr.

see, the mx420 uses sdram video memory... which simply doesn't stack up against ddr, which is what 95% of video cards come with nowadays. see where it says 2.7gb/sec memory bandwidth? mine was 5.3gb/sec before i overclocked it. 6.4gb/sec now. and if none of this sounds like a big deal, memory speed is directly linear with 3d performance... simple as that.

not to mention the gf4 mx chips are little more than gf2's with anti-aliasing technology which doesn't do much for you.

if you want to spend $100 on that card, go ahead. it's so-so. but before you do, i'd seriously consider saving up instead for a new motherboard, even a cheap one (maybe $50)... one with an agp slot. then you can spend $50 on a video card that's almost 3x faster than that mx420.

hope all that made sense. }:>

Thanks for the reply taurus. I think I will try out the card first and if its not to my liking then I will get a new motherboard.

Originally posted by taurus
good deal. post an update in here later.

Will do.

If I don't like the card I may need some help picking out a motherboard.:D

(One question leads to another):D

Well I got the card. I did not like it. It was vary hard to read the computer on the TV. Then it made my other TV in card not work. Well I don't think I'll worry about getting a TV out card. I was just getting it so that I could watch the videos that I recorded on the TV. I will just need to enjoy Zoids on my computer screen.

yeah, if you output to your tv and try to read text, it will be difficult. tv's aren't made to have the resolution and pixel clarity that monitor's do. but movies and whatnot should look fine on your tv.

but, oh well... just think about putting away a little money to get a new system. it won't have to be top-of-the-line and cost a lot, but for less than about $800 you can build a very decent machine for gaming and whatnot, if you shop carefully.

get a ATI 7200 its a very good card not very expesive thats what i have :)

I'll just save up for a good system. One with a AGP slot.:)

heh, i should hope so... you'd seriously be hard-pressed to even find a motherboard without an agp slot for sale.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back