TV Card

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ZipTriX, Sep 27, 2002.

1. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Are there any TV cards that work with digital cable? What are some excellent and recommended TV cards?

2. Howling Wolf

Howling Wolf We did not deserve this !

I think ATI TV Wonder, Pci or Usb may suit you...

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

all tv cards will work with digital cable. ati's all-in-wonder line is supposed to be good... and there are geforce4's with VIVO (video-in/video-out).

4. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

I'm talking about something like this.

I already have a GeForce4 Ti4400, but do I need a TV Tuner Card to watch cable on my pc?

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

in that case, i would have no idea. but if you're gonna record from digital cable, you don't need one with coaxial input. you'll get better quality from composite video (yellow rca jack). just wanted to throw that in.

6. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Nah I don't care about recording TV shows on my pc. That's why I have a VCR. :p I just want to watch TV on my PC, since my TV is in the other room, that defeats the purpose of the "vision" part in television. lol

7. dadecamp

dadecamp under worked, over paid

ATI TV-Wonder or the MSI TV@nywhere will work fine. I have the tv wonder in mine and it works ok but it is only a tuner. The ATI looks like it has a remote (you know how we guys are about remotes...can't have to many) and other options.

8. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

I have an ATI TV Wonder PCI and it seems to be perfect if all you wanna do is what TV on your PC. I've sold 2 of the MSI cards also and they work good too.

9. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Now back to the original question. Will it work with digital cable?

10. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

as far as i know, digital cable has coaxial output (regular old cable-from-the-wall type) and composite video output (yellow rca jack).

any kind of tv card will have one or both so you're guaranteed compatibility. the composite video will give you a better picture and sound, though.

11. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

ati is a good product for sure... msi also makes a very good solution with a remote and all.. very snazzy... either will complement your system...

:)

12. zoey

zoey Guest

Yes it will work, but you will have to put your digital cable box in your room, or a splitter in the living room. Then you have to watch whats being watched in there. I think thats right.

13. paul_43

paul_43 Guest

I will work for sure... nowadays... I have never seen a TV card that can not work with cable TV... of course you can record it too.. no worries.. just go out and grab on if you don't care... but creative is my recomendation... winfast is good as well..