TV Card

Z

ZipTriX

Are there any TV cards that work with digital cable? What are some excellent and recommended TV cards?

all tv cards will work with digital cable. ati's all-in-wonder line is supposed to be good... and there are geforce4's with VIVO (video-in/video-out).

I'm talking about something like this.

I already have a GeForce4 Ti4400, but do I need a TV Tuner Card to watch cable on my pc?

in that case, i would have no idea. but if you're gonna record from digital cable, you don't need one with coaxial input. you'll get better quality from composite video (yellow rca jack). just wanted to throw that in.

Nah I don't care about recording TV shows on my pc. That's why I have a VCR. :p I just want to watch TV on my PC, since my TV is in the other room, that defeats the purpose of the "vision" part in television. lol

ATI TV-Wonder or the MSI TV@nywhere will work fine. I have the tv wonder in mine and it works ok but it is only a tuner. The ATI looks like it has a remote (you know how we guys are about remotes...can't have to many) and other options.

I have an ATI TV Wonder PCI and it seems to be perfect if all you wanna do is what TV on your PC. I've sold 2 of the MSI cards also and they work good too.

Now back to the original question. Will it work with digital cable?

as far as i know, digital cable has coaxial output (regular old cable-from-the-wall type) and composite video output (yellow rca jack).

any kind of tv card will have one or both so you're guaranteed compatibility. the composite video will give you a better picture and sound, though.

ati is a good product for sure... msi also makes a very good solution with a remote and all.. very snazzy... either will complement your system...

:)

Originally posted by ZipTriX
Now back to the original question. Will it work with digital cable?

Yes it will work, but you will have to put your digital cable box in your room, or a splitter in the living room. Then you have to watch whats being watched in there. I think thats right.

I will work for sure... nowadays... I have never seen a TV card that can not work with cable TV... of course you can record it too.. no worries.. just go out and grab on if you don't care... but creative is my recomendation... winfast is good as well..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back