tv as my 2nd monitor :)

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Tittles, Oct 22, 2004.

1. Tittles

Tittles Dabba Dooba Political User

Hey...i finally got a s-vid cable cause i am broke and didnt wana buy one. Anyway...i know the quality isnt suppose to be that great but wow man. I can read a damn thing on the tv. Its like kinda blurry. Everything reads fine up too the login for xp. Is there anything i can do to make it better? The tv is only like 4-5 years old so i unno. Also i was gonna see if the tv is the biggest problem by hookin it up to my 30 somethin inch flat screen up in my livin room.

2. random278

random278 OSNN One Post Wonder

TV screens have a resolution of 800 x 600 pixels... there in lies the problem

3. Tittles

yes i know :S...i think i am gonna try hookin it up to my new tv upstairs.

4. Tittles

I had it upstairs and it worked great. Only had problems reading some small things but other than that it was fine. guess u can delete this thread since its pretty useless :S

5. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i think adjusting the refresh rate should help. don't quote me on this but..i remember my cousin saying lowering it should make things more legible

6. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

TV's provide absolutely abysmal picture quality compared to even a nasty CRT PC monitor. One advantage to this is that badly ripped DivX's can usually look quite watchable on a TV-set. When I used to use my TV out I'd watch downloaded TV episodes on the TV (now there's logic for you!) in fullscreen, and carry on working away on the monitor :)