Turning off active desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkychan, Mar 12, 2005.

1. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

I turned on my pc this morning and out of the sudden there is an active desktop displayed on my monitor.I don't want that taskbar on the left side for which I prefer to see the whole of my wallpaper image...I went to display properties >web desktop: but there isn't anywhere I could find how to turn it off.Is there any ??

2. assuming you're running XP just right click on your desktop>arrange>and uncheck show desktop icons and your icons will be hidden, but your taskbar you can just set it to auto hide

3. xtweaker

xtweaker Tweaking Monkey

Go to Start/Run, type Control, then open Display Properties.

If you're in Windows 9x, ME, or 2K, go to the Web tab I believe and uncheck everything there.

If you're on XP, do the same but go in the Desktop tab, then click Customize Desktop, and go to the Web tab...

Attached Files:

4. Punkychan

Punkychan OSNN Addict

No...it won't work that way...I don't know what's the reason...anyway...I've found the answer ; I went to http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and downloaded file # 16...split seconds...it works...thanks guys for all the help.

5. xtweaker

xtweaker Tweaking Monkey

Ya ok... you could also use Tweakui for Windows XP, it has an option that does the same.

Attached Files: