Try Windows update v5 for free

I mean don't write in alternating upper and lower case, aside from it being sad, it's harder to read.

SPeedY_B said:
I mean don't write in alternating upper and lower case, aside from it being sad, it's harder to read.

Are you serious? Bend over so someone can pull the stick out yo butt foo.

(ok not gonna make this thread go off topic, so am writing this in brackets. Don't insult my smods please. They are merely following my instructions, however vague they may be - the thread title was a little off, very hard to read and in my delicate state my ears bleed. Don't discuss it any further in this thread, this thread is for the discussion of the public unveiling of Windows Update 5)

I checked out WU5 when I first started testing SP2, pretty neat, this version of windows update does indeed work with SP1 which is pretty cool, but doesn't offer anything real to download. I am in no real rush to install a beta service pack on a system I consider stable tho, so SP2 will have to wait for now ;)

just checked it out - seems to take longer to search for updates than before. Otherwise it seems alot better than v4.

I checked it out a while ago and now my winupdate defualts to v5 instead of v4 and when it did it erased my list of updates under v4 ... I just use a bookmark to get to v4 now and will wait till after sp2 has been further beta tested (and patched?) by far more ppl as it will be "final" to use v5 again. :)

I've been using the v5 site for about 2-4 weeks now and get the usual v4 downloads on it as I have not opted for it to show me the beta downloads that are available. :D

I installed it also, but when searching for updates, it always ends with this code error: 0x80072EFD, I searched for this error, and I found that a rebbot should fix it (with warning for this bug to be fixed in a future update of v5).
I have to trick IE to go back to v4, but if anyone has a solution for v5 to work properly...

Howling Wolf said:
I installed it also, but when searching for updates, it always ends with this code error: 0x80072EFD, I searched for this error, and I found that a rebbot should fix it (with warning for this bug to be fixed in a future update of v5).
I have to trick IE to go back to v4, but if anyone has a solution for v5 to work properly...

Mine worked fine when using it.

However the page has gone a bit gar-gar, odd colours and not as clean as before, so I just went back to v4.

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/en/default.asp Just added a new globe to start menu and shortcut from link.

Thank you for the link, I pasted it in my bookmarks/favorites (won't have to trick IE again :) ), just tweaked it a little though: I replaced /en/ with /fr/, you sure know why I did this ;)
Waiting for v5 final, its link in my start menu will be useless for a while ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back