True CPU speeds

• Thread starter CrAsHeRKiDD
  • Start date
Funnily enough I bought one of the same yesterday as well !

Check that you have the FSB setting on the board as 133 Mhz not 100, against x15, or Auto, on the multiplier.

As mentioned ,if that does not work its down to Bios compatibility.

Originally posted by CrAsHeRKiDD
But then my PC restarted itself and then wouldnt start back up again... i got some memory allocation errors on my windows login screen
Right click my computer/properties/advanced/startup & recovery/settings. Untick automatic restart. Now you will get an error popping up instead of rebooting.

Thanx for the help people..

Im at work at the moment but ill try ALL your ideas out when i get home :)

Sacred2night>>> We all gotta start somewere right? ;)

Re: Re: True CPU speeds

Originally posted by GoNz0
did you upgrade the power supply as well ?

Yep to a 450WATT PSU

Should that make a difference ??

yeh, if you had a low quality 300W PSU, chance is that would cause more errors after an upgrade to a ampage hungry chip.

Re: Re: Re: True CPU speeds

Originally posted by CrAsHeRKiDD
Yep to a 450WATT PSU

Should that make a difference ??

not really... the new t'bred b cores are supposed to consume less power overall than the older pally's or t'bred A's :)

design is more efficient so to speak... and they run cooler as well (ergo lower thermal output)

that psu is good enough to last you a coupla years easy :)

I tried the changing my SDRAM frequency to auto and its working OK so far :)

Thanx

nice 1, its only the likes of corsair and a few select cruicial sticks of ram that can take fast ram timings :)

Its not really his fault I have an ASRock mobo on a secondary system.
This company has only been running for less than a year and are very promising but they do not supply a comprehensive Mobo manual with the board. only a small booklet.
The full manual can be dowloaded however from The asrock.com website.

The FSB is 100mhz to 200Mhz. and sets on Jumper FSB _SEL 1 , Pins 1/2 being 133Mhz which is required.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back