True 5.1 in games

M

MikeTasker

I have a SoundBlaster’s Live! 5.1 Card, with Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Theatre Speakers (5.1 compatible). What I wanted to know is how do I enable 5.1 Surround Sound in games such as Moh:AA and Rally Trophy?

I have everything set up correctly (I think) and if I test my speakers all 5 channels work fine. Which setting should I choose while playing games (EAX, EAX2, Direct 3D Sound) and do I need the EAX control panel running?

Someone told me to enable the “Movie Mode” for my speakers but all this seems to do is amplify the front 3 and heighten the bass at the rear and I want true 5.1

I haven’t tried it with DVD’s and my Creative DxR3 card seems to have stopped working and I have no software decoder.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Mike Tasker

providing you have your speakers all set up for 5.1 and have them selected as surround and such through AudioHQ and all and that the game has 5.1 sound all should be fine, there shouldn't be any additional steps

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back