Trouble in Paradise (aka: what's in a name?)

Jewelzz said:
Guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow for the results/resolution ... I'm off to bed, can't stay awake any longer
Nite J. We'll see what happens tomorrow. I am getting tired of waiting for an email that is supposed to be coming my way...

Paraphrasing:

Your website was temporarily suspended because it was found to be the
source of having a detrimental impact of server *****’s performance. We
are still investigating whether it was your actual website or whether
your website was attacked externally.....

I will be transferring your website to server ******* within the next
30 minutes. Please update your nameserver details with your domain
registrar to the following.....

This server is in a different datacenter to server ***** and is less
populated. Should we find that your website is doing the samething to
server ******* it did to server *****, then your website has outgrown
the shared server environment and you will have two options:

1. Move to a semi-dedicated server
2. Move to a dedicated server

I do apologize for the sudden suspension of your website, however, in
the interests of everyone, to get the server under control and back
online, we had no other option.

They couldn't just say that at time of suspension w/ an email?

Could it be that some spammers-paradise.com redirect mail accounts for staff members (that were active on the previous host) could give the trouble? I have used my spammers-paradise.com account (redirecting to msn.com) for some websites and it could be that some spammer got hold on my account, trying to redirect, but failing and tries it over and over again.

That sounds like a totally lame-ass excuse, imagine having a server that can't take our level of traffic? Weren't we only saying the other day that we weren't using anywhere near the bandwidth available to us?

And what's this with naming you servers after elves out of LOTR? That is truely sad.

Bah humbug!!

@ Gracie Lyons?? Are you an SP member in disguise???? :lol:

Obviously their "fantastic" uptime record depends on popularity, perchance no one ever vistied the sites hosted on the "Gimlet" server...?

I had a quick look at Google under the search "Web Hosting", @ Xsiv' this must be a real headache because there are literally thousands of companies out there claiming cheap reliable hosting - who wouldn't? (can you imagine an advert for "cheap unreliable hosting, downtime garunteed"??).

From what I saw you can spend as little as you want to as much as you want for what sound like pretty similar services.

Is there a definitive list of rated providers or do you just have to rely on word of mouth or luck?

Mubbers

I think you have to rely on word of mouth, in these matters. Maybe we all need to chip in and help Exsiv get a dedicated server ?

This is unbelieveable.
Not very often I'm lost for words but I cannot think of what to say :eek:
Stupid arses

Evil Marge said:
This is unbelieveable.
Not very often I'm lost for words but I cannot think of what to say :eek:
Stupid arses

You can say that again

Pheonix said:
Maybe we all need to chip in and help xsiv get a dedicated server ?

An idea that has been floated many times, so far Xsiv has been quiet on this so we respect his wishes, however he knows where we are should the time come :)

*notes NTFS traffic up 20% during SP downtime...*

I will say that the admin did what he felt was right in regard to the server. I can understand that. I just should have been informed before it happened. What's done is done. We will just come back stronger. Good things to come. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back