Trillian Astra:

That's a pretty long list of bugs for such a simple app that has been in Alpha for so long already - and I'm sure that's only the tip of the iceberg.

ya well...
I remember I liked Trillian long ago mostly for the reason of it didn't have alot of the stuff other messengers had so it didn't over-encumber what was there. I would of preferred that if I want any of the extra features from any of the messengers, I would like to somehow just get a plugin add-on that enables it. you know, do that whole firefox method of "Here is the base, get add-ons for other things to make it yours" thing.

They added quite a few things that make no sense to add since alot of it is just going to cause issues. I have used the file manager and let me say THAT at least is a major improvement.

But new webcam features?
Oh... the most annoying thing recently done I forgot to mention...
In case you don't know, Astra now will have the ability to save your contact names on the server so if you go onto another system or whatever, it grabs your contact names and puts it on to your Astra's contact list grabbed off of every IM server.
Recently, this caused a major issue.

2 or 3 builds back, they decided to change something and make AIM and ICQ together again and re-do some kind of protocalls or something in it. It caused some issues that were minor but fixable.
Then in the last version, they re-did the protocall again.

The issue caused? Anyone who had nicknames set to people's AIM or ICQ lost it and it reverted back to AIM and ICQ's info servers.

I had to go back through to get some people re-named accordingly which was hard since I can't remember EVERYONE's screenname (That I knew) to their real names.

I just wanted to announce this. They released a new build with a crapload of bug fixes...
Some of the fixes seems to include what I mentioned before being fixed. The MSN losing its status stuff after being officially away and then back... yea, its fixed finally.

Memory leak seems to be fixed but I'm still waiting for another day as it usually takes a while before its noticed.

From the way they made it sound, it seems that Trillian is almost ready for public. It almost seems as they are no longer adding new features, but want to focus on bug fixing, security, and optimization.

This seems more like vaporware to me. I wonder if Duke Nukem Forever will be out first.

Screw trillian. I tried the alpha version and was not impressed with it at all. Plus, the fact that it is taking 10 years to release a beta. There are better ones out there.

Hey, I was just saying something. No need to go uber aggressive o_O

heh its ok. I was just thinking "Wow... I didn't mean to cause controversy" :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back