Tried several sources to get an answere..no luck...TV tuner with Limited Account

T

Think

I'm convinced that this is not a Hardware problem but a software problem; functionality of XP priviledging.

I have several accounts of which one is a Limited account. The Leadtedk TV Tuner Icon appears in my task bar but when I click on it, it says:

Cannot Find Video Capture Device

This doesn't happen with Administrative options.

I'm at a loss to find which Group Policy(start/run/GPEDIT.MSC) will allow permission a LIMITED ACCOUNT to have access to the tuner.

Does anyone have a TV tuner that works in LIMITED and ADMINISTRATIVE RIGHTS???

I havnt had your problem, but I have found that with limited accounts UNLESS all hardware is pre-configured at Administrator level, then the limited account will work, if not then it wont. But, to work round it, change the limited account to administrator privilages, and set it up that way, then once done, you can change the account back to limited.

Office2k does a simillar thing, not installing properlly for limited accounts.

I set her up as an Administrator and the tuner worked fine. Then I rebooted and logged on as Administrator and changer her preferences to LIMITED; it didn't work.

So, I uninstalled the TV TUNER, drivers, registry entries and reinstalled them as an Administrator; no luck:(

I'm stumped!!!!!:mad: but determined:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back