Transparancy ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Fabian, Jul 26, 2002.

1. Fabian

Fabian Guest

I know its possible to make whole windows transparent. BUT

I'd like to know if you can make part of a window transparent?

for example;

Notepad.exe > the text input area.

Is that possible. If so .. How?

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

I think what you are after is called a 'skin'. I don't know of any for notepad.

3. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Download attachment and overwrite all notepad.exe files. After doing so, you can have transparency. The attached is a program called Metapad, which IMO is better than the regular notepad.

4. Fabian

Fabian Guest

Thanks.
    I've seen that around.

But i was refering to notpad as an example.
    How about tweaking the registry for other programs?

Like mIRC, MS Word, maybe even the background on image editing programs like Adobe Photoshop.

Thats sort of what i was after.

5. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

Oops! That will me teach me to post when I first wake up. lol

Anyways, this program might be what you are looking for - Trans-XP As far as, registry tweak that allow transparent windows, I know of none. Hopefully the program will help you out. Good luck.

mIRC, I believe has it's own options for transparency. I'll look for the option and post once I find it.

6. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

mIRC 6.xx has it's own options for transparency. Check the attachment too see where to find the options at.

7. Fabian

Fabian Guest

Thanks again.

lol i should pay more attention, ive been using mirc for ages. it never occoured to me to look.

8. huFFamOOse

huFFamOOse Guest

Yeah I'd love to see that too. Something like winamps overlay or a linux console where you can make it totally transparent and see the desktop, but only the text area. Haven't found a way yet :confused:

9. Fabian

Fabian Guest

yer .. if only i had another box *sigh*

id get mandrake running again.

10. ZipTriX

ZipTriX Guest

There are plugins for winamp that will allow you to make it transparent. One of the plugins, that I remember, is called Blue Slider.