Toyota MR2 Turbo T-Bar

haha thanks man, i try to piss cops off as much i can without allowing them to do anything to me, like i take off really fast from lights (when they turn green) and rev my engine when i drive past them. last time they stopped me at 2 am while coming home, i was in my dads car, which the back windows are tinted, they saw the glare from the front window and thought my front windows are tinted (not allowed here) so they followed me pulled me over, and told me that tint all of it is not allowed i was like no wht are u talking about its only the front thats not allowed, they made me get out of the car show them the trunk, and then he tried to screw with me telling me that i was skidding with this car and running red lights i was like WTF DUDE, this is my dads car i dont skid with this one, then i laughed and said i mean i dont skid with any car. lol and hes like i was joking i wanted to see what u would say, he scared the hell out of me. then gave me my papers license and let me go. funny experiance

this MR2 is gorgeous, however i would have chose a real nice red or possibly a pearlesant blue for the bodywork

Unleashed said:
Weasel, I would go for the RX-7 or the 300ZX 3litre twin turbo if given the choice of those three, either of them will just leave the MR2 in dust.

Check the image in my sig, guess which car I ended up with? :D I'll give you a hint, I'm quite a rotary fan now. But yeah, I raced a supercharged MR2 with my N/A and left him in my dust although he did give me a good run until I hit my powerband.

Good man, good man! I'm a big fan of the RX-7, beautiful cars :D

Someone once told me you had to have an engine rebuild after 60 000 miles, is this so, or just fiction?

Unleashed said:
Good man, good man! I'm a big fan of the RX-7, beautiful cars :D

Someone once told me you had to have an engine rebuild after 60 000 miles, is this so, or just fiction?
It's rumors like that makes people afraid of the rotary. Mine's a daily driver and has started up every time which is more than I can say for the cars I've owned in the past. It's far from true unless you don't put oil in the thing then it'll eat it all (rotary engines burn oil by design) and break an apex seal but you have to be really abusive in order to need a rebuild that aften. Or just keep the engine RPM under 3000 at all times (they need to be redlined at least once every few days). Mine has a factory rebuilt engine in it but there are plenty of RX-7s out there with 300k+ miles on them. You just have to take care of them like a piston engine.

Talked to a mate at work about this.
First line of thought that he has placed it on many auctions, will check out next months redline and see if it mentions it.
Second point is that customising cars is alot like customising pcs - it is something that is better done yourself to your tastes.

Weasel - lucky git, I'm jealous! :p

But, hopefully within 4 months I should be driving a Capri or an Opel Manta (depending on availability etc. but I'm headed more for the Capri) which will probably be the closest thing to your sort of power :p but for an 18 year old, it's a nice start!

I couldn't believe my eyes today when I found out that insurance on either of the cars was less/equal to that of my current 1.3 Polo, I almost fell off my chair! :D

Electronic Punk said:
it is something that is better done yourself to your tastes.
yeah but what if i dont know how to customize a car, i mean i never tried it sure must be hard, but it would be fun, and a good learning experiance, i think i could pull it off?

Unleashed said:

But, hopefully within 4 months I should be driving a Capri or an Opel Manta (depending on availability etc. but I'm headed more for the Capri) which will probably be the closest thing to your sort of power :p but for an 18 year old, it's a nice start!

I couldn't believe my eyes today when I found out that insurance on either of the cars was less/equal to that of my current 1.3 Polo, I almost fell off my chair! :D

A Capri? You don't mean one of those convertable Mustang Knockoff's do you? The Mercury Capri?

No no, Ford Capri:

sedivy.jpg

Ford Capri :)

Have a habbit of snapping in half between the front seats and te backseats if I'm to believe all the stories I'm told :p

now that im watching the car modifying show on discovery now, and one of the guys of sudenly susan i think i dont remmber if hes on there, but he used to have a cuda when he was young so he had foosley and rad rides build him a nice ass cuda, so i might have someone make me a crazy impala ss sometime down the line, i like the ss, but imagine if it has like 1100 hp and like had a german interior (eg the technology, and the luxury grade)

LordOfLA said:
Ford Capri :)

Have a habbit of snapping in half between the front seats and te backseats if I'm to believe all the stories I'm told :p

Problem is the underneath was terribly designed, where water/mud got caught in between seals and rotted it away very quickly. :(

Unleashed said:

:laugh: I love those little VW Polo/Lupo minicabs when I was visiting in the UK, they look like awsome cars to buzz around town in. My first car was a 1987 VW Jetta 2-door and I slowly worked up to the RX-7 I have now; we've all gotta' start somewhere. Funny enough, the insurance on it is quite a bit cheaper than on my old 1988 Toyota Pickup 4x4, maybe they'll think I'll die faster or something. There's some pics of my car over on Dieselstation and an engine shot further down in the thread if you want to check it out. :) Gotta' love rotary engines! Despite weighing around 280 lbs and being smaller than a standard transmission, they're pretty quick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back