Toshiba laptop bootup / network adapter problem

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by hungheavy, Dec 16, 2005.

1. hungheavy

hungheavy OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi everyone. I'm new here and posting with a problem.Can anybody help me?

When I boot up my Toshiba A75-s209 laptop I get a message showing
    "Resource Conflict - PCI Network Controller in Slot 03 Bus:01, Device:0B, Function:00".
    The computer will then only start in safe mode.

I have tried system restore to a previous time no avail.

I have removed the network card from device manager and let windows redetect it on reboot, but the computer freezes as soon as windows detects it.

If I disable the network controller and then restart, the message still shows, but I can boot in normal mode and everything works apart from no network. If I then enable the network controller the computer immediately freezes.

The computer is 10 months old and this problem started for no reason (no knocks or drops) nor have I added hardware or software recently, I see on a web search other people with the problem but none have posted the solution.

Any assistance greatly appreciated

Steve

2. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

hungheavy were did you buy this laptop from?

also the network adaptor is broken, no software will fix it.

3. hungheavy

Bought at J&R in New York City Jan 2005.

Sent to Toshiba in Madrid for power socket repair in September. Worked for a while but same power supply fault reappeared.

Sent to Toshiba repair in Orlando in November. The very helpful repairman said power supply was a known issue with this model, as was a problem with the top cover. He swapped out both parts, and it worked perfectly till 2 days ago.

If the network adapter is broken then I take it that is another trip to the repair shop. I live in Spain and find Tosiba madrid not well informed, not to mention they make me pay €60 shipping costs

4. _kC_

_kC_ Moderator

get a full refund (while still in warranty) and get a better model

5. hungheavy

That sounds sensible!

Do I claim from the retailer or Toshiba?

If Toshiba, would I need to send it back to the U.S.A.?