Toshiba 480cdt

cpomd

OSNN Addict
have been asked to install win98 on Laptop but am having strange results, best so far is after Fdisk, Format etc gets to installing components required for windows returns to command prompt but there is nothing there on the C: Drive? Any Ideas?

try copying the win98 folder to the hard drive (make a folder first then copy) and run setup from within that folder. This way you wont even need the CD.

have tried that and installing from two different install CDs At first I thought hD was failing but scandisk and spinrite both pass ok, then I thought it might be temperature related as it seems to install when cold but runs into various problems during reboot. Registry corrected ok OE fails etc Am tearing my hair out over this and have basically given up! Thanks for your interest

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back