"top gear" and car clips thread

two parts of that i cracked up laughing.... first when he's talking about how the McLaren F1 is now worth 2 million quid.... "If we do come together though.... he does know the drill. Run..... and meet at the border"

And at the end when Jeremy Clarkson says "What we've proved there is that the Bugatti Veyron, which we know is the fastest car in the world.... is FASTER than ANOTHER kind of car. Yeah.... you don't get THAT kind of information everywhere."

Was an awesome race though. But like he said mid race.... 1,000 horsepower in the Bugatti.... there is no way.

Last edited by a moderator:
this one is great, an exige super charged overtaking a porche 996 gt3!

he gets him on late breaking, you'll see when he finally gets behind the porche, the german car is breaking a good 30 feet before the exige does it

then out of the turns, the exige has far more torque and can gain some footage comming right out of a turn, however the higher horsepowered porche just walks away from the exige on straight aways

I wasn't real impressed with either driver to be honest, both of them are keeping their feet on the ground and they could definately maintain speed if they drifted a a little bit on some of those turns

anyway, pretty entertaining stuff here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEVSl5ChZ5w

embedding disabled by request ;), also the car looks ugly, may have performance but couldn't they get a better shell?

embedding disabled by request ;), also the car looks ugly, may have performance but couldn't they get a better shell?
pretty hot car when it first came out, it's grown old though, a little too cartoonish

still, racing suspension, amazing power to weight ratio too

like I said, not too impressed with either driver, did you notice how early the porche braked?

that wasn't called for, he never once broke any tires loose for even a hitch, which means he was nowhere near the edge

I get the same feeling from the exige, always tracking on line

neither of these drivers impressed me but both cars are amazing, both very reliable so they can be every day drivers but the porche just feels like more of an every day then the exige

perris: they probably aren't really pushing it... because it isn't their car. don't think i've ever seen a car show that, when RACING the car, they really beat the snot out of it. I mean yeah.... on Top Gear, it's nowhere close to uncommon to see them take a nice Lamborghini or something of the sort out to the donut shop..... but i don't think they'll risk messing up the car by eating it around a corner... if you catch my drift. You never see the Stig drift around a corner. You quite often hear the tires squeal as if they're just about to come loose... but i don't think i've ever seen them actually pick up.... except for the one car i can't think of right now, where the Stig actually crashed it, Top Gear said it'd be better with a wing, and the company designed a wing for the car and shipped one out to them. For some reason i get the feeling that's the Pagani Zonda.... but I really get the feeling that my feeling is wrong.

yea. Just like you don't really see.... well.... ANY reviews that stress the hell out of anything. be it cars, computer parts, construction equipment...... mostly because of the idea of "You break it, you bought it".

and i have to say that it kinda sounds like what i said could have been a part of a Star Wars movie. I don't mind if u use it..... but make sure i'm referenced. :lick:

My personal favorite vehicle I would like to buy in the next few years (newer model is in the works).

that gtr is astounding, one thing I keep forgetting to mention, jeremy keeps talking his own driving skillz down but he is one hell of a driver, he's always drifting through the axiz and he even cut through some corners quite efficiently with this 4 wheel drive gtr

he's pretty good

Also, my favorite vehicle I dream of owning :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE_WqdKbTvY

the porche is sweet, great looking car, obviously a nightmare keeping all the horsepower on the ground.

that car sounded great, they said it's a v10, I am guessing it's naturally aspirated?

I think so, they didn't mention a turbo or super charger so I am guessing that great whirling sound the engine was producing was probably intake?

one of the engine notes I've heard as yet

Hmm.... dual-turbocharged V8....... or a quad-turbocharged W16.....

Can't really say faster acceleration, cause according to specs of the Veyron, it'll do 0-62 in 2.5 seconds.

Also can't really talk about the ride. Top Gear drove the Veyron, and if you ask me, it not only looked smoother, but i don't remember it sounding quite as loud until he really put the pedal down. Not to mention that with a boatload of horsepower, the lack of a rear wing is the last thing i'd want. Top Gear already had issues with the Koenigsegg without a wing.... as i'm sure any manufacturer would. The Veyron needs a 3 mile straight to do the 0-253-0 test. I wouldn't imagine anyone wanting to try to get the Aero up to it's max speed and trying to slow down if there's a bit of a curve ahead. You seem to be forgetting that the Veyron is not only an extremely fast car.... but they also put a focus on luxury, too.

I'm just not a fan of the Aero..... not to mention it looks like a Lamborghini ripoff.

Hmm.... dual-turbocharged V8....... or a quad-turbocharged W16.....

Can't really say faster acceleration, cause according to specs of the Veyron, it'll do 0-62 in 2.5 seconds.

Also can't really talk about the ride. Top Gear drove the Veyron, and if you ask me, it not only looked smoother, but i don't remember it sounding quite as loud until he really put the pedal down. Not to mention that with a boatload of horsepower, the lack of a rear wing is the last thing i'd want. Top Gear already had issues with the Koenigsegg without a wing.... as i'm sure any manufacturer would. The Veyron needs a 3 mile straight to do the 0-253-0 test. I wouldn't imagine anyone wanting to try to get the Aero up to it's max speed and trying to slow down if there's a bit of a curve ahead. You seem to be forgetting that the Veyron is not only an extremely fast car.... but they also put a focus on luxury, too.

I'm just not a fan of the Aero..... not to mention it looks like a Lamborghini ripoff.
I cannot argue any of your points

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back