too much disk activity?

A

all4thenookie

I just installed Winxp and I am noticing after about 10 minutes away from the computer my hard drive just starts running and running. I turned off the screen saver and it still does this. Could someone tell me if this is a normal occurance and/or if can I stop it from happening?:confused:

I too encounter this kind of prob... but slightly different from u. It occurs especially during boot up( after the XP logon screen) , the HD will blink unexpectedly though all appz has loaded on the taskbar and i've even disable the antivirus but the prob still took place. Any idea to solve this prob...:(

Have you both made sure that you have the disk indexing service turned off?

Also, whenever you fresh install a new OS, it is normal to have above normal hd activity until several reboots and a defrag.

Qumahlin, how do get to the disk indexing service to turn it off?

first goto your HD properties in my computer, and make sur ethe allow disk indexing yadda yadda is not checked.

then goto your administrative tools in control panel, open up services, stop the indexing service and set it to disable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back