To Vista or not ?

the real point ... if you are using the work-around for copy protection to copy your own goods ..then you are breaking no laws.

As far as the microsux point you made ..good one ..but i was caught in another thought when writing that ... they are much bigger than the movie industry as a whole with influence in every which direction on everyday life.

music and video ... i really can't imagine not having it unless i was amish or a menadite ... which are perfectly good beliefs ..but not for me.

The DMCA explicitly denies you the right to reverse engineer digital copy protection schemes and has been upheld by the courts numerous times. It is not at odds with the fair use doctrine from much earlier because fair use allows time shifting only which can be achieved through digital to analog to digital. However macrovision does circumvent digital to analog, and Macrovision is protected by import control laws that prevent importation of analog copy protection free VCRs.

The protection Nazi's have won. They have usurped the DMCA to even include analog. Note the DMCA guarantees media owners fines of $184k per song or movie. That will bankrupt just about anybody. Fighting back is futile and too costly.

BOYCOTT is the only answer.

Sony is one of the top 20 largest corporations in the world. They could buy MS out of chump change. Sony is also one of the biggest music and movie houses. That "MS has the power" dog don't hunt.

ARGGGH! Give up music and video, hell no. Just stop buying new stuff for 6 months. I have over 200 VCR tapes of movies I can watch until the new ones hit HBO where I can legally tape them. Music, I have countless titles dating back 40 years worth listening to. Anyone who says they can't live without buying new media for 6 months has serious issues and no interest in taking back control of the property they paid for.

My toothbrush cost $100.00, the heads cost $9.00 each. It adds up. Thank you.

No wonder you have such a purdy smile :cool:

But I agree with your point.

The mere fact that people advocate piracy in order to circumvent various specfic anti-piracy measures is ironic. It is clearly obvious that these people, for the most part, don't get WHY these anti-piracy methods have come about.

The more you circumvent, the more things will come out, its cyclic.

Linux, great, but it too is becoming commercialized. You NEED to have support in a corporate environment and this is not going to happen with Linux.

Further, costs assosciated with Vista, boo friggin hoo. Cry me a river. Don't upgrade if you can't afford it. XP is going to be supported for a while yet.

I challenge you to go ahead and stick the latest Apple operating system on a system a few years old and demonstrate everything working flawlessly without upgrades.

Can't do it you say? Well, I thought it would work like magic :rolleyes:

Ugh, my eyes hurt from reading all this. I had something to say, but by the time I got reading all of the posts I forgot what it was *rubs eyes*

hi all have read all the posts up to here Well there was Dos,Ruddy marvel it was Then came Win.3.1 Oh how Cool is this ? then came 95 ,now this is unreal ,But hang on It got better 98 So very cool one could hardly contain oneself, Now that ran a while Aha at last 2000. Bit of a dog this lost allot of freedom to run things .Ah well Never mind .Oh gee wiz THE first XP a whole different cup of tea ,and then the links logs spying and hidden tricks ,and unknowns ,But thats ok we have all the Daly updates To fix things up..Then a few yours later 64 bit XP Hy Hy the way to go ! lose more rights , cant Do this or that we could before .Don't matter Forget all this Junk ,We got the new ,Spy software LONG Vita!! So what the heck Let's use it after all We are all better of As one can trust Billy ,and do as one is told !
So don't worry about whats said USE it ,its all made for your good ,keep you stupid and just go follow the vita rules ,oh yes i advice read the small print to what you agree to .send a pint of blood and you are fine ...
Itsmedad

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back