To challenge an old idea

I'm going to save that jpg...thanx...I just realized though, and possibly why you never noticed good file placement...xp does not ( to my knowledge) optimze fat.

also...love your sig...jsut clicked on all your links...had a good time

;) Hey thanks dealer like your spycam link sweet
Had a single NTFS partition for about 6 x months, found that windows & apps do load slightly quicker under NTFS, but the difference in speed is when it comes to gaming & 3D mark where I see a slight improvement, the benefits of NTFS & windows dont feel lost on FAT32 its still a solid OS, fragmentation is a lot less than I expected, not to sure if the file placement is working or not but the defragger took ages during the first week moving files around, maybe it does?
Keep up the good work dealer your a star !!!!!!

TwoZigzagColt45

I got a comment, Its sad you had to point it out because its all commen sense. But im glad you did..

by the way,,YOUR A PHREAK
hehe:D

In my opinion its not about space, never was. Can we all say fragmentation? The os will use that space, period. The larger the page file the larger your fragmentation. That is why I set a specific size to my page file.

Performance? Im running a 2100xp overclock on a Iwill mobo. Sandra has it clocked = to a pent 2.4 gighz.
What I hate is fragmentation. FRAGMENTATION....grrrrrrr

I know Im obcessed. Im working hard with my Dr. to correct that.

That is why I set the PF.

Thank you for listening. When you start throwing things at me, please make them soft..hehe:rolleyes:

Originally posted by War Priest
In my opinion its not about space, never was. Can we all say fragmentation? The os will use that space, period. The larger the page file the larger your fragmentation. That is why I set a specific size to my page file.

sorry...the page file will not fragment because it's big...don't know how you got that idea...like saying your 80 gig hard deive fragments bedause it's big.

now, if you want to set the pf to a small value, and you're not using all the ram you have installed, go ahead and set the thing too small...but to set it static will absolutely cause a performance hit if you ever do use all the ram you have installed...xp will page when it needs too, it doesn't matter if you set the page file small...xp is going to page somewhere else.

as far as becoming fragged...that doesn't happen...check, I have, and size does not cause fragmentation, nor does resizing when the os does it for temporary reasons...on the other hand, if you've resized it, that will cause fragmentation

>>>> never had a fragmented page file until converting to FAT & even then the file was split on creation, soon got that sorted out using a free program recommended dealer here free programs page :D only needed to use it the once. Cheers dealer
;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back