TNT2 Driver Question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by vern, Jan 20, 2003.

1. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

What are the best Detonator drivers for a TNT2? I set up an old computer for my sister with an old TNT2. It has some problems when she plays games while it switches between different video modes. It might not be fixable, and the problem might just be inherent with TNT2 cards and DirectX or OpenGL, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be nice if you could share them with me.

2. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

i hear many people say that the best driver to use for a tnt2 is the 23.11 drivers... however, i found personally, that there was a 3x.xx driver (cant remember which one) that gave me the best performance with a tnt2 vanta 8mb agp... i spose its mostly trial and error

3. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

32.83 worked best for me with a TNT2 card.

4. Geffy

Geffy Moderator Folding Team

I downloaded the Creative nVidia 42.something drivers for a 3D Blaster Riva TNT card, so personally I would check with the manufacturer.

5. TechSupport

TechSupport Guest

thing is though, those 32.xx drivers could be better than the 40.xx drivers - but the manufacturer decides to carry on support for that graphics card and therefore will continue to offer newer drivers... whether they work better/worse for what you use your computer for however, is a different matter

6. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I actually have check at the manufacturer's (ASUS) website. The latest drivers I found though were the ones that came with the card when I bought them two years ago. It had Windows 2000 drivers with it, which worked, but didn't have OpenGL support. Thanks for everyone's help so far, I'll take all of them into account when looking for new drivers. BTW, does anyone know where to find older Detonator drivers?

7. G-Lizard86

G-Lizard86 Guest

Get the latest drivers (40.something) @ www.guru3d.com, great site, great support...they work 4 me...

8. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I use the 41.09s from nVidia's site.
    They work great ... no problems. :)