TNT2 Driver Question

vern

Dominus
Political Access
What are the best Detonator drivers for a TNT2? I set up an old computer for my sister with an old TNT2. It has some problems when she plays games while it switches between different video modes. It might not be fixable, and the problem might just be inherent with TNT2 cards and DirectX or OpenGL, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be nice if you could share them with me.

i hear many people say that the best driver to use for a tnt2 is the 23.11 drivers... however, i found personally, that there was a 3x.xx driver (cant remember which one) that gave me the best performance with a tnt2 vanta 8mb agp... i spose its mostly trial and error

I downloaded the Creative nVidia 42.something drivers for a 3D Blaster Riva TNT card, so personally I would check with the manufacturer.

thing is though, those 32.xx drivers could be better than the 40.xx drivers - but the manufacturer decides to carry on support for that graphics card and therefore will continue to offer newer drivers... whether they work better/worse for what you use your computer for however, is a different matter

I actually have check at the manufacturer's (ASUS) website. The latest drivers I found though were the ones that came with the card when I bought them two years ago. It had Windows 2000 drivers with it, which worked, but didn't have OpenGL support. Thanks for everyone's help so far, I'll take all of them into account when looking for new drivers. BTW, does anyone know where to find older Detonator drivers?

I use the 41.09s from nVidia's site.
They work great ... no problems. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back