TNT2 back to stock

dubstar

format c:
i used a program which i now cant find (just reformatted, reinstalled, and am now updating windows xp) it up'd the clock speed of my Riva TNT2 64... it screwed with the bios, and now when i turn the cpu on, it freezes up.. how can i get it back to how it was before???

If you still have the motherboard manual you could check to see if there is a jumper that will reset everything to factory default, that should work if none of the hardware was damaged from the bios change.

Good luck, hope that helps

what motherboard is it? you can get manuals for the majority of motherboards from the respective manufacturer's websites.

If you know what mobo it is, someone might be able to find it for u

just had a thought... if it changed the clock speed of your tnt2, then try a different graphics card cuz it may have b0rked that

Originally posted by dubstar
its a graphic card.. Nvidia (VANTA) Riva TNT2 64

so it's a Nvidia TNT2 M64 32mb? agp/pci?

afaik, they didnt make a riva vanta

i put my crappy "number nine" video card in.. i wanted to find a program that would change the nvidia bios before i put it back in

try the manufacturers website of who made the graphics card (not nvidia, it's gonna be a diff company's card using nvidia chipset) and see if theres a bios flash for it. you should be able to track it on the site by product IDs etc (they'll be on the graphics card marked somewhere).

it is possible you've pushed it a bit too far and fried something. Is there any cooling on the graphics card at all? fans/heatsinks?

no, no cooling at all.. i pushed the "+2%" button a lot.. i mean like 15 times maybe, but then i pushed "-2%" like 10 times to counter it..

shoot dang wu tang

Originally posted by dubstar
no, no cooling at all.. i pushed the "+2%" button a lot.. i mean like 15 times maybe, but then i pushed "-2%" like 10 times to counter it..

shoot dang wu tang

did you apply the changes when you pushed it up? or did you bring it back down before applying it? Pushing it up 15x and bringing it back 10x means you're still +10% which without cooling can cause problems... what cooling have you got in your system? case fans etc?

uh, i think theres a fan on it somewhere in the back.. i only had it there for ~5 second, and it froze up, and then 2 more times with ~5 seconds then i swapped cards.. i found the program i used to add the clock speed.. im gonna see if it had a "back to normal" mode

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back