Tittles is almost legal!

Tittles, for the record, everyone forgot until I brought it up!

heh.

Muzi - Yeah I know its decriptive but then it wouldnt get the whole story out :p. You would all think it was a hang over lol

Matt - I am sure someone would of :suprised:

hehe, except that hangovers tend to pass... The flu takes longer for the symptoms to subside. BTW:

0300430471068.JPG

or something of the sort. And plenty of rest/water...

Son Goku said:
hehe, except that hangovers tend to pass... The flu takes longer for the symptoms to subside. BTW:

0300430471068.JPG

or something of the sort. And plenty of rest/water...

Yeah my mom gave me that but in pill form. She had the flu a week ago and we think I caught it from her.

I got alot better last night when I woke up from taking the pill. Today I feel more of weak and icky.

Drank alot of water and 7-up. Haven't ate since the day before my b-day and that all came out when I puked the first time and somehow I keep having to use the bathroom every few hours. Lets just say if I feel I have to fart I better get to the potty :laugh:

Meh, then yeah you best drink pleanty of fluids if you have a bad case of diherea, lest you dehydrate. Also, something to repleanish some of the electrolytes, such as Gateraid, or some other such drink. When I was badly sick in the past and stuff, the doctor suggested I get some stuff (I'm not sure what you'd get it as, as they made it there), which essentially included various salts such as KCl (or potassium chloride, which is used by peramedics in rehydrating people who have lost so much water their body can't absorb it in the normal manner anymore), table salt (NaCl), and a bunch of other stuff to help restore the bodies electrolytic balance.

That dissolved in enough water (and KCl, you do want that stuff dissolved in pleanty of fluids), should help with re-hydration. Perhaps a pharmacy there will have some idea what could be taken for this, else you can try one of the sports drinks. Though for this sort of dehydration, a higher concentration of potassium then sodium might help.

OK, a quick biology lesson here. I assume you've probably had biology in school and know something of how liquids diffuse over the cellular membrane. Heck when I was in high school, they had plastic tubing which served as a membrane from which osmosis and the like could be demonstrated.

When one loses a lot of water due to diherea, the water content in the blood goes down (as it's leaving the body and not getting replenished), and the blood thickens a bit. The amount of water in the cells grows greater, and so water diffuses into the blood stream to restore this balance. Actually however, there are salts involved in helping to mantain this. Sodium ions remain in the blood, which with a higher salt concentration tends to make water diffuse out of the cells. This is also why people are told not to drink sea water if they're out on a boat and are thirsty. The saline content of salt water is higher then that of blood, so it will actually dehydrate one...

However, potasium ions tend to collect in the cells themselves, which has the opposite effect, making the cells hypotonic to the blood itself. Potassium helps get water back into the body cells (which is why perimedics use a potassium salt in helping a person severly dehydrated).

Many sports drinks have a higher sodium content listed on the label, but it is possible to find some with a higher potassium content listed. Those are what one wants for helping to rehydrate after severe diherea...

BTW, you might be able to try some mild things like chicken broth, soup, or something that isn't too solid. That's easier on the stomach then a normal diet and could get some calories in, though whether you can stomach this now or not, I'm not sure...

Son Goku said:
Meh, then yeah you best drink pleanty of fluids if you have a bad case of diherea, lest you dehydrate. Also, something to repleanish some of the electrolytes, such as Gateraid, or some other such drink. When I was badly sick in the past and stuff, the doctor suggested I get some stuff (I'm not sure what you'd get it as, as they made it there), which essentially included various salts such as KCl (or potassium chloride, which is used by peramedics in rehydrating people who have lost so much water their body can't absorb it in the normal manner anymore), table salt (NaCl), and a bunch of other stuff to help restore the bodies electrolytic balance.

That dissolved in enough water (and KCl, you do want that stuff dissolved in pleanty of fluids), should help with re-hydration. Perhaps a pharmacy there will have some idea what could be taken for this, else you can try one of the sports drinks. Though for this sort of dehydration, a higher concentration of potassium then sodium might help.

OK, a quick biology lesson here. I assume you've probably had biology in school and know something of how liquids diffuse over the cellular membrane. Heck when I was in high school, they had plastic tubing which served as a membrane from which osmosis and the like could be demonstrated.

When one loses a lot of water due to diherea, the water content in the blood goes down (as it's leaving the body and not getting replenished), and the blood thickens a bit. The amount of water in the cells grows greater, and so water diffuses into the blood stream to restore this balance. Actually however, there are salts involved in helping to mantain this. Sodium ions remain in the blood, which with a higher salt concentration tends to make water diffuse out of the cells. This is also why people are told not to drink sea water if they're out on a boat and are thirsty. The saline content of salt water is higher then that of blood, so it will actually dehydrate one...

However, potasium ions tend to collect in the cells themselves, which has the opposite effect, making the cells hypotonic to the blood itself. Potassium helps get water back into the body cells (which is why perimedics use a potassium salt in helping a person severly dehydrated).

Many sports drinks have a higher sodium content listed on the label, but it is possible to find some with a higher potassium content listed. Those are what one wants for helping to rehydrate after severe diherea...

BTW, you might be able to try some mild things like chicken broth, soup, or something that isn't too solid. That's easier on the stomach then a normal diet and could get some calories in, though whether you can stomach this now or not, I'm not sure...

Thanks for the info :)

Yesterday I ate for like the first time. Had that soup in the cup thingy and one scoop of mashed potatoes and one scoop of cole slaw. After that I was stuffed and felt like puking but I didn't. Today I feel better and will be going to school. I still sorta feel icky in my chest area :(. My mom is sleeping still so I am just gonna wait till I get home at like 11am cause its a half day and then take something.

I'm still pissed I was sick during my b-day :(.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back