tired of typing http://www....com???? IE tip inside

A

AmarSingh

a lot of you probably already know this one, but to save having to type the http://www. ... .com you can just type the name of the site that you want to go to and press ctrl+enter. This will add the http://www. and .com for you and start navigating to the site. for example if you want to go to microsoft's site just type microsoft in the address bar and hit ctrl+enter:) i

yes, this is a good tip. I use it all the time

yes, this is a good tip. I use it all the time

yeah, i love this one, saw it posted on the news page a few months ago, and been using it ever since

I know this works but most of the time I just type the name like
cnn.com
msnbc.com

no need to even type www. most of the time

yeah...!!!

but at least it doesn't take the coordination of having to press 2 buttons at once :p

By the time you type it, stop, reach down to press the two keys, you could have already been to the site just by typing the whole thing in the first place. Unless you don't know how to type.

Jeez what some will do when it's called a tweak.

I wasn't trying to make fun of it. For me just typing it in is faster. It's all one motion for me, instead of three, 'typing, stopping, hitting two keys.

What ever works.

when im typing, my left little finger is always on left-CTRL, and my right little finger is always near ENTER, so it works 4 me.

good tip, it was due to be rementioned, i use it and am quite used to the control enter, cause that's the short cut for sending instant messages on aol (i know, i know, aol sucks), and i use it for messaging all the time, so it just comes naturally i guess....heh

----not by Al Gore---
using alt+enter is a lot faster than just typing in google.com or just google....typing google.com takes a lot longer to load...

Originally posted by Mike89
By the time you type it, stop, reach down to press the two keys, you could have already been to the site just by typing the whole thing in the first place. Unless you don't know how to type.

Jeez what some will do when it's called a tweak.
Hi, Mike. I don't think saving a fourth of a second really matters when browsing web sites :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back