Tips & Suggestions 4 Waddy (XP.org owner)

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by Ci2e, Apr 1, 2002.

1. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

Do you have an idea that would make XP.org more enjoyable or just easier to navigate?

Well if so post them here...

2. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

First things 1st

I would suggest the XP logo on the main pages and every other page linkable to "http://www.xp-erience.org/" that way I can avoid that back button... :D

3. X-Istence

X-Istence * Political User

Nice thread. I think that waddy should read this

4. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Guest

Can you make the little tick next to the forums a little more different.
    I find it hard to tell the difference between "No new posts" and "new posts"

Dark grey and not so dark grey could be replaced by blue ticks for old posts and green ticks for new posts

5. xsivforce

xsivforce Prodigal Son Folding Team

I have thought that for a while. A little more contrast there. Other than that...nothing. Waddy does a great job!

edit: and more chicks too!;)

6. Ves007

Ves007 Guest

YOu posted it in the wrong section.

7. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

A reply button for each article of news on the front page. Many people have comments about a piece of news on the front page, it would be easier to just click reply when they're reading the story.

8. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

Waddy still has no idea that this thread exists I'm going to email him :D

9. waddy

waddy OSNN Senior Addict

ooops I missed this thread, had to take the Comptia network+ exam yesterday so I was out celebrating :)

CiRe : I would suggest the XP logo on the main pages and every other page linkable to "http://www.xp-erience.org/" that way I can avoid that back button

Good idea mate- will do it tonight sometime

Dirk Diggler : Can you make the little tick next to the forums a little more different.
    I find it hard to tell the difference between "No new posts" and "new posts"

Yes ill knock something up also tonoght hopefully

xsivforce : :)

Jewelzz : I agree the news commments is very importatnt. We did have a comments system for the front page news system, but the code was very innefficent and was killing the database server when the site is busy.

I am trying to create a new reply (comments) code , and will hopefully have it in soon.

This website is for you guys, not for me, any suggestions to make it better are always welcome.

Note: If you have emailed me and i havent replied, I am trying to catch up with replying to emails people send me, I am not ignoring you. :)

10. patrick

patrick OSNN Addict

I think you should be able to select a date and be presented with a page which lists all the news items from that day on one page like it does on the main page, (without having to click on each individual article to read it).

Just my thoughts,
    Patrick

11. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

This may be a big one not sure..but i would like to see the full listing of the most recent forum posts. Currently i will just see like "How to hack the..." TO see the whole thing would be great...or even on mouseover it would list the full text.

12. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Pleaz pleeze pleese, can we hav a speill chicker ?

13. Ci2e

Ci2e XPert

Waddy!

I really think a search bar on the main page would do us all a big favor- where you can search anything on the whole site- even a drop down menu to refine the search to a specific area or something- or just show all results... is that possible- or I should say within your power?