Time to MOD!

Yeah, I want one of those modded volcanos too. Ultimate kewl

- Big fans can runs slower and still puch alot of air -> silent. So big fans, 120 mm if you can.
- Papst fans are very silent, I'd suggest you look at them.
- Make a "designed" window instead of a square or squareish one.
- I still think the bass-sensitive case lighting (with switch) is a really cool idea. A low-pass filter on the audio out and a peak detector (there are ic:s with this).

lol thanks for the suggestions.. bigger fans are quieter. in the front there are placment for 2 80mm fans and in the back there are placement for 2 more 80mm exaust fans so for the front and back we are limited to 80mm fans perhaps 120mm for the side wil be fine and look good. in the meantime we need to locate good 80mm fans colored or whatnot. that is our mission lol its gonna be here in a couple days. cant wait! anyways here the deal. more fans create more noise. faster fans create more noise. but what combination makes the less noise.. fewer more powerful fans.. or more quieter fans.. hmm

smaller high rev fans are much louder. I have 4 Antec Tri-colored, its not that bad. Its the other 6 fans that make alot of noise, but the loudest is the Liquid cooled heat pipe Cooler Master (a 7000 RPM little CPU fans that spins like crazy .)

yeh but if we got 2 on each side and one on the side maybe we dont need a bucn of high reving fans.specially with the flow threw design of this case

Several slow fans are better than few fast when it comes to sound as far as I know. So you might want to run the fans on 5V or 7V (12-5) to slow (and quiet) them down.

im gonna go look for some really quiet fans.... you guys decide where we are gonna put them lol lets ear some ideas on that. remember it already has placement for two 80mm in the front and 2 80mm in the back so if we want one on the side or the top where are we gonna put them.

If you want to do a really advanced window mod I guess you could make the Bio Hazard or radio active logos with a fan in the middle or something. Bio Hazard would really be a challange. :)

I deffiantly like that idea.. I would want to do that but what picture and where? I have my company loge we could use

and i do like the idea to make your own grills i think we should do that to.. but what pics? im going to be using that stencile to design some i like but i wold like to see some posted from other people.

Run sets of two fans in series. At half voltage, they are quiet as!!

James

Well heres an update on the case that should have been here by friday.... the company seems to have lost it... in shipping. Guess fed ex'd grand shipping system with tracking numbers gps and all that garbage isnt as good as they say it is. It sould be here monday or tuesday. Id like to get some feedback from the forum on what we will do to it in the mean time. We ned more participation on this project.

Awesome logo. It would have to be a stencil of it though.

James

Any consideration to EL lighting, cathodes, and such ?

On many of the mod sites there are some good ideas.
But with some mirrored plating on the bottom of the inside of the case, a couple black lights, and some of the green glow-in-the-dark rounded cables-- it should be a great effect.

I recently saw where someone has come up with a CPU fan with lights -- it looked awesome!

I use a green cathode, and a blue cathode, and 4 of the 3-lite "rainbow" antec 80mm case fans it looks great- but I am thinking about switching to the above setup..

Just a thought--

On a side note, I have a Thermaltake SLK-800 (socket A)all copper CPU heatsink- I'll send someone if they want it? case-mod.com sells it for $45.00! (not appropriate for serious OCers though)

Yeah i was thinking of doing some lighting. I was going to cut out the pic (I'll include a drawing with my next post) and put a red cathode behind it. Should look great with the dark grey the case is. And I was thinking of making a bade for the front (for like 15 bucks i can take any pic and make it into an acrylic computer case badge)out of that pic to. what do you guys think of that idea?

Case badge is a good idea. Red cathode sounds good, can't wait to see what this will look like :)
jumpy

G'day Ace123. I have a Lian Li PC65 case with 2-80mm fans in the front, 1-80mm in the back, 1-80mm on top and 2-80mm fans on the side, one blowing on to the heatsink/fan and the other onto the video card. Not counting the three in the P/S.

All the case fans are ADDA Ultra Speed 80mm fans pushing out 50cfm each and they do make a little bit of noise but not enough to keep you awake at nights. They do a great job of moving the air around inside the case and keeping the temps down.

I use a Zalman CNPS6500B-A1Cu heatsink with an ADDA Ultra Speed 92mm fan that pushes out 60cfm.

I also have a green cathode light mounted just above the side window of the case...looks cool.

Thanks smokie alot of good stuff. I found some really quiet case fans like 12dba but they are really expensive.. ill buy them though if people want em. Thanks for the ideas smokie. I like the zalman coolers they are pretty cool But something about the volcano 9 catched my fance specially with the cool mod lights. lol anyways it will be the forums decision. Im gonna make a pic of my window idea right now. Be back in a bit to post it cheers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back