Time to MOD!

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Ace123, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

http://store1.yimg.com/I/directron_1708_29219014
    Heres the case. We need as many ideas as we can shake a stick at. Dont worry if its dumb just post it. We need window ideas fan ideas and any other ideas under the sun. This is OUR perfect case and theres only one way to get there. I have the tools and parts new lets see/hear your ideas.

2. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

fanssssssssss
    front intake
    side for agp n cpu
    top blow hole...

3. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Ace, how big is that hole in the front? It looks about 120mm so I reckon you put two of these enermax baby's in the front pushing 94cfm each. Then two of these antec blue led 80mm case fans at teh back for exhausts. Yeah, and maybe a top blowhole as well, although not sure what fan for that. You'll probably also want a window kit so we can see the beast inside...

4. Aspenglade

Aspenglade Guest

Yeah, put in a side window non full, top left end place a clear plastic fan with blue led lighting in it to cast blue across interior. Also use blue tinted cross view plexiglass so that when the window is viewed at an angle you see everything bluish.

5. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

yeah we will be using the front but it had placement for 2 80mm fans. The black front is just like the front of a speaker so maximum air flow can come threw and alot of light maybe to..... hmm lol. anyways the front of the case is polished aluminum and the rest of the case is a dark grey (very cool design) so a blue light will look good as will any other with polished aluminum. i think we've decided we will be using a window and a side fan. But we can use any shape window with any fan combination. See if you can get some ideas on paper. I really wanna see your ideas

6. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Real paper, jeez i haven't used that in ages...:p

7. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

ok the case is gonna be here friday at the latest.. its in the mail. whoo hoo i feel good hehehe lets mod it

8. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

k.. here's mine :)

after you put the 50 thousand fans and shred the case to bits with windows... buy a massive sound proof box to protect your eardrums from exploding :)

keep noise factor down.. my priority... regardless of the fans and whatever... :) noise must be kept down...

9. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Agree with you there sazar but cooling is still going to be an important factor. Is this comp going to be in your room ace?
    Those enermax fans I mentioned earlier are pretty loud at around 58dB at full speed but since they are 120mm and 2300rpm i'm guessing the sound would be a lot more hollow because of the size. Fans are the priority - if you're overclocking. Are you?
    Hooray for ace, 100posts. I'll be there soon :p

10. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

yeah i wasnt gonna let a vote be cast on an obnoxiously loud fan. This is going to be a display computer (im still gonne play mad games on it) so when people come over to buy a computer from me this is going to be my model so id like to have a quiet overclocked computer lol. Theres alot of fast/quiet fans out there we just have to find them.

11. LoctOut

LoctOut Guest

well, rounded cables for sure........... but I'd like to see the ones that glow under uv light. They look really cool. I found them a few nights ago here's the link

Also, a couple of these would look cool as well as help quiet some of those fans

12. cwalker2734

cwalker2734 Guest

go get a gallon of gasoline and torch it for about 5 minutes, then scrape off some of the flakes and eat them, puke it up all over the charred aluminum, then take a wizz on some exposed cable.

13. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

that was the worst display of stupidity ive seen in a long time and id apriciate it if you didnt post in my threads any longer

14. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

yeah i like those triangulr things they are pretty cool. anyways the uv lighted wires would be cool if we could use them with blue i like that idea.. then we need to get a blue uv light?

15. jumpy

jumpy Guest

i agree, if you haven't got anything good to contribute cwalker please leave.

16. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

17. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Yeah, get a blue uv light, with the uv wires. I dont really like those pyramid things but thats just my opinion.

18. Ace123

Ace123 Guest

19. jumpy

jumpy Guest

i'll do my best ace - how bout putting an advert in my sig like you? that'll do the trick, you should put a link to the current thread you have going, so people don't have to find it themselves.

20. jumpy

jumpy Guest

Yeah, i like the hurricane fan grill the best, from the second site (the one out of stock :D ). Dont think you should bother getting a hdd cooler, if you want to keep the noise down, it probably isnt the best option and offers no performance gain. Go with the thermaltake volcano 9 with the coolmod, it looks, well, cool :p