Time for a new desktop... or maybe laptop???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mlakrid, Feb 4, 2009.

1. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

Ok Guys...

My wifes desktop is my old desktop from about 6 years ago...

It was top of the line back then, and it still runs ok, but I figured, hey she has asked for a new PC and Valentines day is right around the corner... Also, I can hear a bearing going out on a fan, not sure if it is on the CPU cooler or a case fan, but it doesnt matter she wants a new one...

The last PC we got was of the laptop variety... and because I have been playing PC games on it alot, she is not a happy camper...

So I was thinking for V-Day get her a new PC, but it needs to be one which wont break the bank.

I was thinking in the $600-800 USD range preferably on the lower end of that. Think I can get a decent laptop in that range?

Also since I will be using it occasionally to play games, it needs to have a middle of the road video card...

I am very hardware oriented, but I have VERY little experience with laptops so I would prefer a laptop by a major manufacturer so that if something goes awry I can send it in to be fixed...

Ideas suggestions?

Let's hear them!

Mike A!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  2. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

You can go to bestbuy and get a nice laptop for around 600.

3. mlakrid

mlakrid OSNN BASSMASTER Political User Folding Team

Thought they were one of the companies fighting to stay afloat?

Mike A!

4. Johnny

Johnny .. Commodore .. Political User

That is circuitcity who just filed for bankruptcy and are having a liquidation sell.

5. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I see a lot of really decent laptops around 700 on Amazon and Newegg. Most of them with 4GB of RAM. All I can say is ... at that price ... I'd hit it.