thunderbird to outlook 2003/7

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Dark Atheist, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Dark Atheist

Dark Atheist Moderator Political User Folding Team

i dont know why they want to but a few friends of mine want to go back to outlook 2003 (poss 2007) from thunderbird, but they want all their email inc attachments to be copied over to outlook, after googling i cant see a simple cost free way of doing this - has anyway else managed to do this ?

2. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

If they have an IMAP account anywhere they can move their email to the imap server with thunderbird and then download it to the right place with outlook, as easily as dragging it to the tight folder :)

3. Dark Atheist

its on a home pc so i would doubt not - they have about 300 email they want to keep

4. Dark Atheist

i may be able to get a copy of exchange - nice admin is going to let me borrow a copy just so i can move mine and a few other peoples email back to outlook express/2003/2007, how easy/hard would it be to do this ?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2007
  5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

Firstly, to "borrow" Exchange is not legal. Furthermore, you would also need a valid copy of Server with a Product Key to get started.

Secondly, Outlook Express does not support Exchange.

6. Heeter

Heeter Overclocked Like A Mother

Just google free imap email accounts, set one up transfer everything there and transfer it to OE when you get OE set up.

Heeter

7. Dark Atheist

its ok now i used mbox2eml using IMAPSize and then imported them into outlook :) - all legal :D