Thoughts on Norton AV 2003

andy_rose

OSNN Veteran Addict
well, I just reformatted..(again..LOL) and figured I'd give NAv 2003 a go. But I found out that the IM feature is kinda annoying,cuz when it is enabled Norton signs in on the service at startup. And I have windows messenger to NOT load at startup, so when I then start windows messenger I get a message that I got signed off cuz another media have already signed on.

AM I missing something here, or do I have to have msn load at startup also? :confused:

Another annoying thing is that eventhough msn is not running, the email alert pops up whenever I recieve a message. And I guess everybody knows how irritating that is when in the middle of a game. So the only solution I found is to disable this feature in Norton AV.
Any other ideas?...anyone...?

hmm i havent had any of the problems you had although i had a worse problem.i got NAV2003 and before i had 2002 which worked fine after installing 2003 all hell broke lose and it kept saying e-mail scanning and other things had error next to them after uninstalling reinstalling 5 times i decided to reinstall 2002 and then i had the same problem with 2002.then after hours of reformating reinstalling still the same problem i took the software back to the store and exchanged it for NAV pro 2003 luckily i installed it and its been working ever since

andy - just disable the Messenger Scanning option in NAV.

Yes, that is what I have done...but the IM feature was the major reason for me to run 2003. Oh well, u can't have it all I guess..lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back