Those Unanswered Questions

prodj88 said:
yes this has been on my mind for many years

Me too....and no answers. I guess I will have to ask one someday

Soooooo.

I buffed and hand glazed and waxed and polished and cleaned my little womans car. Then it snows, THEN a trucker waits till I'm 10 feet behind him on the interstate to pull over, thusly showering road øøøø all over her car.

WHY!?

Why did the salesman turn into a light post when I went to buy a car? Then only offer to take off $500? I looked and there was no sign that said "screw me over, I'm dumb" on me.

Why!!?

Steevo said:
Soooooo.

I buffed and hand glazed and waxed and polished and cleaned my little womans car. Then it snows, THEN a trucker waits till I'm 10 feet behind him on the interstate to pull over, thusly showering road øøøø all over her car.

WHY!?

Why did the salesman turn into a light post when I went to buy a car? Then only offer to take off $500? I looked and there was no sign that said "screw me over, I'm dumb" on me.

Why!!?

your post matches your avatar :p

And one answer......murphy's law. if you dont know what it is...I dont know how you made it this far...

Steevo said:

Why!!?

Did this really happen?, OMG that is soo funny. Bet you never buy a car from them again. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

themafia_69 said:
Well heres a thread that might be like the really long thread, u know the questions that u really never answer like does the light really turn off when u close the fridge etc, mine today is one that always annoyed me but i never asked WHY!!!

about 5 mins ago i was getting a drink for my teacher from joffery's and the phone rang, the man waited until the 2nd ring was done to pick up, soo many people that i know or have seen do this WHY? its not like the connection will be dropped! i think thats what they think. i never do it and its works fine for me, or is it just politeness?

PS. feel free to contribute to this thread like questions you've had and never really asked, or those funny questions like the light in the fridge one

Most likely... Some phone carriers don't send the caller ID information until the second ring. :)

no this is always done by people who dont have caller id, and even before caller id was invented

People pick up on the second ring for one of the following reasons:

1) They are giving the other end time to hang up in case they change their mind.
2) They are giving the other end time to hang up in case they realized they dialed the wrong number.
3) They are (like previously mentioned) not wanting to give the impression that they are sitting there, waiting for someone to call.

But the most likely reason is:
4) They do it out of habit on account of learning it from someone else who does it out of habit, too.

So I don't really think it's one of those questions that can't be answered, because I just provided 4 legitimate answers to the question. :)

What I consider a to be a REAL unanswerable question is this classic:
If a tree falls in the forest and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?

muzikool said:
If a tree falls in the forest and there is nobody there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Nah, that's just a philosophical one. Sort of like Schrödinger's cat,but not really. I say it makes a hell of a racket going down. :)

Play with the cat http://www.phobe.com/s_cat/s_cat.html ;)

muzikool said:
Ask Lisa Simpsons :laugh:

Why do people bump threads?

lad_in_brum said:
If Teflon is not stick...how do they stick it to the saucepans/fryingpans?

The secret is that teflon is a liquid wax that they polish the insides of the frying pans with and the heat to get it to penetrate into the metal but one day a klutz of a worker burned the wax in the pans and it horribly fused into them j/k

(I think I'll put the caffeine down now and step away from the computer files )

themafia.69 said:
Well heres a thread that might be like the really long thread, u know the questions that u really never answer like does the light really turn off when u close the fridge etc, mine today is one that always annoyed me but i never asked WHY!!!

about 5 mins ago i was getting a drink for my teacher from joffery's and the phone rang, the man waited until the 2nd ring was done to pick up, soo many people that i know or have seen do this WHY? its not like the connection will be dropped! i think thats what they think. i never do it and its works fine for me, or is it just politeness?

PS. feel free to contribute to this thread like questions you've had and never really asked, or those funny questions like the light in the fridge one
I always pick up as soon as possible...I usually have too much to do to wait around making believe I have something to do

If I am working at my desk, the desk phone is next to my pointer, I answer it on 1 ring if sitting down or more rings if I am currently busy.

The answer to the teflon question is that it's extremely difficult to get it to stick, thats why the non stick surface scrapes of pans so easily.

They're acutally developing non stick stuff thats only non stick on one side :)

Zedric said:
Duct tape! Right? No?

Duct tape sticks to just about everything. even the side that doesn't have the adhesive.

and it makes for one darn good fix for a leaky pipe fitting till you can get a plumber. though the plumber might growl at the site. I dunno why though. The stuff stops the leak and keeps the pipe from leaking all over the place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back