This Really Sucks...(thread)

I have terrible memories with dial up

Cable is The solution for the future....

You know what sucks? Getting kicked from a dialup connection..while in the middle of something important...

here's what sucks

you are 50% finnished with an "ahem" educational download of about 5 mb on dialup...15 minumts..you loose your dialup connection...no problem, you doawnlaod manager, right?

so, you spend five, ten mints trying to get back on line, then reload the site, and then you finnish your downlaod...boom

the file os corrupted, the dL manager couldn't out the two together.

that REALLY SUCKS

That does really suck! I know what you're talking about too :p

I'v went on a few educational and " free software " sites before; to spend hours on dial up; and to find out that the file is corrupted/has things missing :)

Now I got cable sooo...no more worries for me : )

Posted by dealer
here's what sucks

you are 50% finnished with an "ahem" educational download of about 5 mb on dialup...15 minumts..you loose your dialup connection...no problem, you doawnlaod manager, right?

so, you spend five, ten mints trying to get back on line, then reload the site, and then you finnish your downlaod...boom

the file os corrupted, the dL manager couldn't out the two together.

that REALLY SUCKS

OOOOOOoh do not tell me about that dealer.

I swear I was out of my mind every time this horrible thing happened to me....

I remember once I was striving and fighting, being patient and persistent, waiting and waiting, downloaded 97% of about 25megabites.................................... and then ??????

Oh my God.....

Disconnected.......

Oooooooh

oooooooh

you know what sux... when ppl resurrect threads that have been dead for years and dont post anything of use in them other than to just just bump them ;)

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back