this movie looks like it will be COOOL!

Looks good but I doubt I'm gonna watch it.

Looks good

It looks good but it has a potential to be really cheesy and corny. I'm worried about that.

It's a great movie...highly enjoyable! Yeh a bit ham n cheese...but still very watchable.

8/10 for me.

Effects are great.

It looks like the same movie thats been done a thousand times only "better" effects. Personally I'm waiting for Hero. Looks pretty interesting. :)

It was better than I expected... thankfully the cheesy one-liners were minimal, and the effects made it pretty fun. I had low expectations going in so I was satisfied with having them surpassed.

3/5 OSNN Stars

Xie said:
It looks like the same movie thats been done a thousand times only "better" effects. Personally I'm waiting for Hero. Looks pretty interesting. :)

HERO looks Sweet!!! :)

zatoichi The blind swordsman

looking sweet also

link

I think i might go see it in the near future, dowsn't look too bad... just hope it has an actual story line (referring to day after tomorrow)

There is a storyline, because if there weren't then I would have ripped the movie apart. ;) Character development is done in the beginning, establishing different relationships and conflict that exists between characters. The basic screenwriting formula is mostly followed throughout, which makes it kind of a "cookie-cutter" movie, but at the same time guarantees that all of the necessary elements exist.

*WARNING* Minor spoilers ahead...
One thing that bothered me was that I had little sense of the progression of time in the movie. At least a week passed once the disaster started occurring, but there were only hints given as to how long people had been stuck, such as "it's been days since we've had anything to eat." I think this was somewhat intentional in order to make the story more believable, especially considering the journey from Philadelphia to New York City. But still, if time is supposed to be an enemy then it needs to be treated as a real enemy.

The movie sucked according to some of the reviews I've read. Shrek 2 is still on top. I think I don't want to see The Day After Tomorrow. I am rather looking forward to Shrek 2 which I still haven't seen. =)

So, has anyone seen this movie yet?

Comments please.

I am going to see it this afternoon...I tend to like what the critics say is crap anyway...so I should enjoy it...:)

HA!!.. Some critics that I've seen on TV doesn't even know what they're talking about.
Prob coz they didn't actually pay any attention to the movie.

well...its like they say...most critics are failed actors or musicians anyway...bit of jealousy there i am sure

gballard said:
well...its like they say...most critics are failed actors or musicians anyway...bit of jealousy there i am sure

Hahaha, they can say that but it doesn't make it true. The "good" critics, those with clout who work for respected media, are journalists and probably never even aspired to be an actor or musician.

welp...I liked the movie...I figgered I would...these doomsday type movies seem to appeal to me for some reason..

i saw it today, i was impressed - some cheesin but as a whole a good flick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back