Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by silky62678, Jun 13, 2003.

1. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

I have a Thermaltake Xaser III V2000A case that has 7 fans and when i turn the fans all the way up on high, i dont notice a different in temp or sound. Is there a way to tell if the fan controls are workin?

2. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

well if you turn the fans all the way up and no more noise comes out then b4 and the temps stay the same its prolly a safe bet something isn't hooked up right of the fan bus is broken

3. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

if all the fans are quiet fans to begin with, then they won't really make any more sound at full speed than half speed.

but one of your fans could have a seperate monitor lead of which you can connect to your motherboard and monitor it's speed. you should be able to watch it go up and down as you play with the controls.

4. Krux

Krux Nissan Powered

even if they where quite fans there would be a temp drop from low to high settings even if its only 1 or 2 degrees

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

true. didn't consider temps.

but it'd still be wise to have some monitoring of at least one fan so he knows for sure.

6. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

I noticed the same thing on my V1000D..

7. Xavion

Xavion Guest

I also have the same problem with my v1000, and Thermaltake's
    'detailed 'instructions don't help any.

8. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

Wow, this seems to be a big issue with thermaltake. The instuctions they provide doesnt help at all. Im going to send a email to thermaltake and see what info can they provide. will post as soon as they get back with me.

9. silky62678

silky62678 Guest

:D SWEET, i got it to work. I took out the fan controller and disconnected and reconnected everything and now it's working. At, least i can hear a sound differnece.