Thermal sensor wire broken...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dimoe, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Dimoe

Dimoe Guest

Hey all
    Does anyone know if I can buy some special wire at some hardware store that I can place at the end of my thermal sensor wire???

The actual device works, it just the wire it messed up at the end. It’s covered in some type of plastic, so I can't just put it back together; I need to replace the entire end part of the wire.

Here is a pic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Or should I just replace this entire sensor???

2. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

I'd replace the whole thing if you can...if you find a way to put it back together there may be to much resistance between the sensor and the wire for it to do any good.

3. Dimoe

Dimoe Guest

I would but...

I would replace the entire thing but, this little sensor came with my case. Does anyone know if these little devices are common??? I'v seen similar sensors built into other thermal sensing hardware. So do computer stores happen to carry replacement parts??? If not, what about the wire...

4. dejav00

dejav00 Guest

well, where on the case did it go?

5. Dimoe

Dimoe Guest

If you look at the little picture of my case on the right hand side, the themal sensor is built into that little round silver thing right under floppy drive. It comes out if you take the front panel off.

6. Dimoe

Dimoe Guest

lol, sry
    left hand side...

7. Dimoe

Dimoe Guest

nope
    it runs off a battery

8. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Get some wire similar to the one you have now. It's not very critical. After that a little carful soldering should do the trick. Then isolate the solderings and voila!