Thermal sensor wire broken...

D

Dimoe

Hey all
Does anyone know if I can buy some special wire at some hardware store that I can place at the end of my thermal sensor wire???

The actual device works, it just the wire it messed up at the end. It’s covered in some type of plastic, so I can't just put it back together; I need to replace the entire end part of the wire.

Here is a pic:
Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Or should I just replace this entire sensor???

I'd replace the whole thing if you can...if you find a way to put it back together there may be to much resistance between the sensor and the wire for it to do any good.

I would but...

I would replace the entire thing but, this little sensor came with my case. Does anyone know if these little devices are common??? I'v seen similar sensors built into other thermal sensing hardware. So do computer stores happen to carry replacement parts??? If not, what about the wire...

If you look at the little picture of my case on the right hand side, the themal sensor is built into that little round silver thing right under floppy drive. It comes out if you take the front panel off.

Get some wire similar to the one you have now. It's not very critical. After that a little carful soldering should do the trick. Then isolate the solderings and voila!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back