Thermal glue question

V

Vsync

Can the stuff, when put in a wrong way across the CPU
might lead to over-heating the cpu in any way ?

well, i check that site earlier, thats what made me ask this question.

back when I put it on the CPU, (some white stuff that came with my fan) [not drugs..], i thought it should cover most of it.. so i used my finger to smudge the stuff onto the cpu.. and i didn't exactly used a thin layer i think.

Yes, that is wrong. You should only apply the paste to the small square core, and not to the entire heatsink or CPU. I would take the heatsink off, scrape the stuff off the heatsink and CPU, and reapply correctly, Your CPU will stay much cooler

JJB6486

that was what i was thinkin to do

Should i use only 100% alcohol or 80% is alright too ?

Have you used thermal GLUE or just paste?
Unless you are using an Artic Silver thermal paste then covering even the entire die will not hurt it, but will waste a lot of compound. I've tried using the instructions on their site, for both silver and zinc compounds, and my computer did'nt like it, even with lapped waterblocks.

I use a good smooth, not paper thin, layer of zinc to get my best temps.

It was a cheap kinnda thing..
came in a little paper bag, so i just opened it and
used the white stuff that was in it

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back