The Xbox "Xenon" news thread...

Re: Xbox "Xenon" specs revealed!

NetRyder said:
32519.gif
Seconded.

And ffs, it's Mac, MAC is something completely different. I don't know, trolls these days... so uneducated. :p

Electronic Punk said:
I think they should beef up the RAM just for the ooh factor.
Considering the current xBox runs on a mere 64mb, 256mb should be more than enough to create games with added "ooooh" :D

hey, just posting my opinions. don't have to like them, or even read them if you don't want to for that matter. Just that to me, X-Box doesn't really seem to be in the console race if every single thing it uses is a component you can find in an everyday home PC or Mac. Don't see Sony or Nintendo using dual P4's or somethin like that do ya?

And ffs, it's Mac, MAC is something completely different.
I know that Speedy. don't ask me why i typed MAC. even i don't know. Was late when i typed that.

Good, so long as you know :p :D

There's a difference between opinion and informed opinion.

oh gosh.....here we go with uber-hype about a console that has not been released yet.....I am so glad I gave up on consoles two years ago......freakin PS2 and Nintendo Gamecube and ugly Xbox with their weird controllers and super hyped up graphics that sometimes make my headspin.........but I am reading up on the PS3 and am going to buy it once released......!.......no Xbox for me though.......!

least another person....... somewhat agrees with me.

I really feel sorry for people who feel the need to respond to threads that are explicitly about things they're not interested in. Two examples in this thread, and then the guy in the 2405FPW thread repeatedly re-stating his lack of interest in widescreen displays. I mean, don't you guys have anything better to do?

Go out. Get some fresh air. It's good for you.

NetRyder said:
I really feel sorry for people who feel the need to respond to threads that are explicitly about things they're not interested in. Two examples in this thread, and then the guy in the 2405FPW thread repeatedly re-stating his lack of interest in widescreen displays. I mean, don't you guys have anything better to do?

Go out. Get some fresh air. It's good for you.

*nods head in agreement*

I would agree, but outside is overrated.

sorry :p

Well Xbox 2, and it's specs have been a very badly kept secret :p MS didn't even officially admit there was a Xbox 2 until last week.

edit: Oh and Part 2 of the article is up as well. Nothing major regarding Xbox LIVE in that, other than the fact that they are streamlining the process, and making it easier and more functional.

zeke_mo said:
I posted that one time and you edited my post... hurumph
Why would I do that? :suprised:
There must have been something inappropriate about the post. I wouldn't ever edit out a post that simply linked to UrbanDictionary.

Netryder, u had me all wrong. i was interested in the thread. the thread is about the specs. i'm interested in the specs, just would never think of buying an Xbox. a friend has his Xbox here, along with Halo 2, DoA3, Burnout 3, and we rarely ever play that. usually we wind up taking turns playing Half-Life 2 DM on my computer cause it's.... well..... simply more fun.

ElementalDragon said:
Netryder, u had me all wrong. i was interested in the thread. the thread is about the specs. i'm interested in the specs, just would never think of buying an Xbox. a friend has his Xbox here, along with Halo 2, DoA3, Burnout 3, and we rarely ever play that. usually we wind up taking turns playing Half-Life 2 DM on my computer cause it's.... well..... simply more fun.
In that case, a post that simply stated your opinion would have sufficed. Instead, you tried to push off incorrect statements as facts.

1) "a beefy PC can do everything the X-Box can do and more" - not true. There are games available for the Xbox that you can't run on a PC, and there are millions of people in the world who enjoy playing these games.

2) "Basically all X-Boxes are is a featureless PC. or.... should i say Featureless MAC, since it's using PowerPC cores?" - not true. Besides, the fact that it runs on PowerPC CPUs doesn't make it a Mac either. IBM makes the processors. This has nothing to do with Apple at all.

3) "Typical Microsoft. they make a product that can't handle the crap that get's run on it." - not true. If that were the case, they wouldn't have sold ~13 million copies of Halo 2 and more than 2 million Xbox LIVE subscriptions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back