The Virtually Indestructable Keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by PC-Dude, Feb 21, 2003.

1. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

Yupp that's what it's called ;)

Just got it today and trying it out and if I don't like it i'm going to send it back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You can roll it up, wash it , all that fun stuff hehe. Honestly I don't think i'll keep it but time will tell. Great for paying games thou :happy:

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Well, I would chew it, and try to take a bite out of it.

Then, I would spill costic acid on it.

:) That keyboard wouldn't work for me, since I thwack the keys too hard, and I like having something nice and hard to touch. ( Preverts! )

3. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

That's not the problem with this one, you have to pound the keys to make sure they work lol. No really thou ..you need to hit the keys much harder than a regular keyboard.

4. Luna64

Luna64 Guest

Whats wrong with a normal keyboard ?

It's not like I am gonig to get into a fight and use it as a weapon or something.

Or maybe I pound on it just because....

5. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

I know ... I thought the name was a bit much . :rolleyes:

I was going to get a normal keyboard but my dealer only had this one in stock until monday so I took this one and if i don't like it i'll take it back and get a normal one. Or I might give it to my daughter since spilling stuff on it don't bother it. :p

6. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

it would be good for lanning since you can just roll it up. how much was it?

7. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

Not sure I haven't paid for it yet...But i thought he said $59.99 cdn.

8. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Now wheres the fun in an indestructable keyboard? I have a cheap three dollar keyboard. That way I don't mind when I get pissed off and pick it up and slam it into my desk. The amazing thing is it still works, I had to put most of the key back on and theres a small crack in the front.

9. PC-Dude

PC-Dude Guest

There's no fun in it that's why I took it back today....I got an old one in the shop I can use until monday. It was a good keyboard but you had to hit the buttons too hard or I guess it all depended upon what angle you hit the buttons at. Anyways it went back :D

10. Grymblayd

Grymblayd Guest

someone ( sorry I forget who) puts out an Infra Red keyboard.
    There is a box about the size of a pack of cigarettes that beams out a display on the desk and wherever your finger breaks the beam on the " keyboard" it sends that info back and the corresponding key is operated.
    Saw it in PC World or CPU or one of those magazines.

Grym ( and not dreamin' ) blayd

11. Gary Pandher

Gary Pandher Moderator

mmmm sooo if you move ur finger from the "N" on ur keyboard to the "Y" willit hit the "H" too?..cuz ur finger will break that beam going accross.......lol :p

12. deadzombie

deadzombie Guest

aerodynamics on that keyboard suck...what about if you want to toss the keyboard across the room during a LAN party? No impact, no distance, no damage!

13. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Um, yeah... That's an important aspect when you buy a keyboard... (??)

Doesn't it have to be cordless as well? When you're done unplugging the cord the urge to throw the keyboard has gone right? :)

14. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

:D :D :D
    so true

15. rettahc

rettahc Guest

NO!! leaving it pluggd in adds a great whip effect when it hit the end of the cord. Smashes straight into the ground and keys go flying everywhere:happy: :happy: Of course the could be hard on the motherboard, but oh well:p

16. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

Wow ... poor keyboards :(

17. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

LOL

aw, man... i'm getting crazy visuals. :D

18. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

So what gives the best whip? Straight cords or sprial, telephone-type cords? :p :D

19. rettahc

rettahc Guest

I don't think the cord type matters much. What happens is when the keyboards cord reachs full extension theres still alot of energy (provide you throw it hard enough) and its gotta go somewhere so it whips down into the ground.

20. Grymblayd

Grymblayd Guest

I don't know people... I would think that the spiral chord when stretched to it's limit due to it's springy nature, would have an adverse affect ...such as snapping back rather quickly and lodging the keyboard in your suddenly opened with surprise mouth.

Grym ( and sticking with chordless for maximum distance) blayd