the Vice president Debate

fimchick said:
Cheney won, hands down. After Cheney got him on not including the Iraqis in the 90% casualty numbers, all Edwards could do was jump on Haliburton over and over. Kerry/Edwards will lose. I'll bet on it =]

cheney didn't get him on the 90% casualty numbers...

the 90% deals specifically with coalition casualties... since when is iraq part of the coalition?

if we are in fact going to take those numbers (lets suppose we actually do to appease the bush admin) are we also going to include teh iraqis we have killed as well ?

edwards could have handled the question better but to think that cheney did any getting on this matter is a little far-fetched...

Cheney showed his strength, that his is the smartest of the two... between himself and Bush. :D Edwards also showed that he is not someone to take lightly. All in all it was an interesting debate, as debates go. I seriously think it was a toss-up, due to the fact that everyone going into this debate had Cheney as a slam dunk. What a suprise, Edwards is a very smart person also, how novel. :eek: So much for "slam dunk". :D They still continued to bash each other and their other's running mates, as it will continue to the end.

I thought the debate was pretty good well atleast the 45 min of what i watched cause i feel asleep. I think Cheney did great on having come backs. I liked this debate way more than the President Debate cause Cheney and Edwards seemed to be more aggresive towards eachother. Only prob i had was them repeating themselves over and over. All in all i thought it was a great debate.

GMeagle86 said:
I'll take scientific poll over an on-line poll any day.
If you look they polled 7% more Republicans then Democrats. To be a truely scientific poll shouldn't those %'s be the same. I mean if I asked 7% more anti-anything people over pro people who do you think would win? I also don't put much into any of those polls as it's just not a great reflection of the US as a whole.

perris said:
good debate...not as engaging as the Kerry bush, but lots of fun

before the debate, I thought Chaney would embarrass Edwards, but it was clear Edwards took Chaney by surprise, made him uncomfortable, and took him off his game

as two individuals, Chaney clearly won this debate

HOWEVER

considering how much credit the vice president was given concerning his intellectual ability prowess, Edwards won for how well he stood toe to toe...challenging every thing that came out of Chaney's mouth, putting clear pressure on Chaney's failing credibility.

by the way, polls this morning give Edwards a clear win

that's interesting to me

Edwards was not as quick on his feet as he could have been...for instance, when Chaney has the nerve to include Iraq casualties as part of the coalitions numbers, Edwards should have been able to jump on the ridiculous notion of adding the Iraqi casualties along with the numbers of casualties from countries that are there to help them.

anyway, I'm surprised the polls give a huge edge to Edwards...in my mind that's because the public didn't expect him to stand toe to toe

the fact that we are even discussing who won or lost the debate actually brings the very point home;

this is an under acheivment for any perception that chaney is an "intellect"...the fact that Edwards stood toe to toe, held his own, and Chaney wasn't a clear winner speaks volumes.

no offense but that my friends is called spin spin spin

oh man...this is too funny

dick chaney asked everybody listening to the debate to go to;

www dot fact check dot com

you gotta see where he sent us...here's the link;

www.factcheck.com

too funny

hahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

thats so damn funny!

perris said:
oh man...this is too funny

dick chaney asked everybody listening to the debate to go to;

www dot fact check dot com

you gotta see where he sent us...here's the link;

www.factcheck.com

too funny
Yeah Cheney wanted factcheck.org ;) ... I guess factcheck.com was /.'d (for lack of a better term as it wasn't a true /.'ing) and changed it's info to point to this other guys site that happens to be anti-Bush and a millionaire. :) He had nothing to do with the change and it came as a surprise to him actually.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back