the Turin shroud is a DA Vince work of art!

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
I guess this story has been around, but I just read about it.

it seems there's good evidence that the Turin shroud is a work of DA Vinci's

in addition, the head is his own.

more startling then this, (if you believe the story ), they think it's actually a photograph...da Vinci used a lens and some light sensitive chemicals to burn the image of a crucified body, and replaced his own head.

good reading

Re: the Turin shroud, DA Vince work of art!

Well, the earliest record of the shroud is in the late 14th century, which ties in with the radiocarbon dates of around the same time, and it is almost definately a very early photograph, there is very little doubt of that. This date does however rule out Da Vinci, as he was born in the mid 15th century.

Having said all that, check this BBC article out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4210369.stm

Don't know how accurate these boys are but it's something to think about.
That's my 2 cents on the subject anyway.

ray_gillespie said:
Well, the earliest record of the shroud is in the late 14th century, This date does however rule out Da Vinci, as he was born in the mid 15th century.

according to my reading, there are numerous versions of the shroud, three or four known about...some officials were the people that actually commisioned the undertaking, the fact that these were paintings made them easily discovered.

these are the early records you're talking about...

da vinci's life coincides with the carbon dating of this shroud...data concerning this partucular shroud doesn't rule him out as the artist of the turin shroud

The earliest record I am aware of is the bishop's report of 1389 stating that it is a fake, and this date would rule out Da Vinci, but as you say there are many shrouds from that time so it's possible that these were 2 completely different shrouds.
I just find it strange that the radiocarbon dating matches up so well with the first record of 'the shroud', and that's when I'd say the shroud was created but that's just my belief. We'll never know for certain sadly.

ya, we'll never know who actually did it, but there were clearly earlier versions of the shroud that were even trhen denounced as fakes.

this one was supposedly "discovered" in 1494

just saw the DA Vinci code and thought it would be quite apropos to (you're gonna love this) "resurrect" this thread

The shroud is said to be Davinci. They had a think of television about the carbon dating and such and found that it is not nearly old enough to be the shroud that covered Christ as he laid in the tomb.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back