The TRON 2.0 Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Vorpal, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

I'm going out to buy TRON 2.0 tonight on the way to work. I can't find much bad being said about it. The only thing I've heard that I don't like is it's based on the Jupiter engine. I played NOLF2 and really did not like the "feel" of Jupiter. It was not solid feeling like Quake3 or Unreal 2003. I always had problems with the mouse - never being able to get a smooth pixel by pixel scroll with it.

I never tried the demo, but the screenshots look really cool.

I hear it's a "different" style of first person shooter, and many are happy that something a little different has been doon with a FPS.

Well..... :D I should have it when I get home in the morning.

edit:
    It's a $49 game, but I just heard it's $39 at Best Buy right now and they have a ton of copies.

I also hear that if you have > 2Ghz and a 9700 or 9800 video card (like me :D) then you can jack up FSAA and Ansiotropic Filtering all the way in the drivers and TRON 2.0 will play completly fluid.

Everyone seems to love this game.... I can't wait.

edit2:
    Gamespy just put up a good review of the game:
    http://www.gamespy.com/reviews/august03/tron2pc/

2. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

I have been playing the demo for a while now. I really like it. I won't be able to get the game until this weekend, but when I do I'll be sitting in front of this screen for a while :)

3. jmole

jmole Guest

Does the game have multiplayer or is it pretty much single player? And if it does have multiplayer does it have a bike game like in the bike scene in the movie?

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

there is a multiplayer lightcycle demo out now you can try... it should have been psoted in the game posts on main page of this site or somewhere in the forums... do a search for it and you will get link... :)

pretty basic and crap imo.. but some like it...

5. DarkMaster

DarkMaster OSNN Addict

i downloaded the demo ages ago, but never really bothered installing it. what other modes of mulitplayer are there?